Seventeen – It’s the Magic Number

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Seventeen, that’s my new goal. Nope not miles, although I’ll be running those soon, I’m talking about pounds.

Seventeen.

There, I wrote it. For everyone to see.

Gasp!

It’s no secret that I’m very active and believe in a healthy lifestyle. It’s also no secret that I, like most of America, struggle with weight. Sure, I ride the pounds rollercoaster, too. I’ve seen them come and I’ve seen them go. I’ve been pretty fit and I’ve been, um, pretty fat. Ever since I developed an interest in getting healthy I normally stay at the lower end of the rollercoaster, but still haven’t broken through those last few pounds. For me, it’s seventeen of them.

I feel good, I get happy, and then I get lazy … and complacent. It’s hard work to finish off those stubborn pounds. Busting through the plateau is a bitch. But, I’m here to tell you it’s time to make a change. While I’m busy training for a marathon and tackling my debt I figure why not add one more goal to the list.

*insert blaring trumpets here*

I’m going to lose those pounds, one at time. Until. They. Are. No. More.

My motivation? The joy of knowing I can do what I set my mind to … and a really hot bikini.

Winks & Smiles,

post signature

7 comments:

Anonymous,  August 11, 2010 at 7:56 PM  

A itty bitty little pokla dot biknini.....it's you girl. You can do it!!!!

Krystal Grant August 11, 2010 at 10:21 PM  

GET IT GIRL! I'm glad someone picked up the torch cause my Bikini Bound Project has gone asunder. So I'm just gonna chop someone's head off and glue their body onto mine so I can pose for our bikini pic in Miami.

MOMSWEB August 12, 2010 at 9:23 AM  

You took the biggest, most difficult step...writing your goals down. It's done! Congratulations in advance!

Unknown August 12, 2010 at 9:42 AM  

Thanks, Ladies! I appreciate the support. It's going to be tough but I'm going to do my best to make it fun.

Oh, and Krystal, you're not off the hook! Let's do lunch, a healthy lunch, and talk about it!

Nancy August 12, 2010 at 11:32 AM  

You can do it! You're always an inspiration to me. I want to lost almost twice that. Yikes! I'm here to cheer you on!

Unknown August 12, 2010 at 5:55 PM  

You can do it! I know you can and we will both be flaunting our bikini hot bods in Miami. I already have mine do you have yours? :-)

Virtuous August 19, 2010 at 10:04 AM  

I LUV this post and hearing the determination AND victory in it (and all the great related posts after this one)

You WILL do it!

Post a Comment

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions, products, event tickets, travel and other forms of compensation. The owner of this blog may be compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog may receive compensation for a post or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content that might present a conflict of interest.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP