The First Day of School at Wifey’s House

Thursday, August 5, 2010

It’s the first day of school at Wifey’s House and I’m not sure whether to get all sentimental and cry or run around the house naked jump for joy. Truth be told I’m leaning toward the second but I do get a little mushy at times like this – I just can’t believe they’re getting so big. Miles is in fourth grade and my little baby girl is a second grader. Wow.

After braving the heat for six hours at Six Flags yesterday, I went grocery shopping so I would have everything I need to make them these for their lunch boxes …

Yummy chocolate chip cookies

And these for breakfast …

Chocolate chip pancakes – yup, we’re chocolate peeps at Wifey’s House

I was channeling my inner Martha Stewart, whipping up stuff from scratch. We’ll see how long that lasts, although the kids loved it. Milan told me I was "the best mom EVER!" And, Miles gave me a huge hug. Maybe there’s something to this cooking thing.

Before we piled in the car to head to school we took our annual back-to-school pics on the porch.

My big girl

My Miles

I bribed them to take this picture

This is how they really felt

Hmm, how long until that school bus pulls up?

Winks & Smiles,
post signature

8 comments:

ellen August 5, 2010 at 11:05 AM  

Those pics are SO cute! My mom took a pic of me from the first day of preschool all the way til when I left for college. They are awesome to have. Up here in NYC, this teacher still has a month before starting back to school (yay!)

Unknown August 5, 2010 at 11:24 AM  

Awesome! You are a wonderful mommy. Your children are so blessed to have you. All that said run around the house girl!!!! You are free (well at least for a few hours) enjoy this brand new school year... here's to get report cards and fun projects!

Shelly- Mom Files August 5, 2010 at 2:27 PM  

What adorable photos and what a sweet momma you are to make those yummy goodies for the kiddos. I usually make celebratory EVERY first day of school for my kids. They are now in 8th and 10th grade :( I get to start all over with the 2 year old!!! Hope they kids have a fantastic school year :)

Unknown August 5, 2010 at 5:00 PM  

Thanks, Everyone! The kids had a great day - and I did, too! :)

Shay Shay August 5, 2010 at 8:17 PM  

Great pictures! Did you save any of those cookies!?!?! :-) Just Kidding--no cookies for me!

Adrienne August 5, 2010 at 10:43 PM  

They are too cute! I have SEVEN DAYS!!! LOL

La'Tonya Richardson August 6, 2010 at 12:57 PM  

We start on Aug. 19, and I'm not ready. I'm not ready. I'M NOT READY!!! There, I got that off my chest. Whew.

Krystal Grant August 7, 2010 at 9:44 AM  

I want those chocolate chip cookies so bad I could lick my computer screen! I hope the kids enjoyed the first day back. My kiddies go back on Monday and as luck would have it...hubby has to travel to California for work so I'll be doing double duty ALL week long. That sucks!

Post a Comment

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions, products, event tickets, travel and other forms of compensation. The owner of this blog may be compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog may receive compensation for a post or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content that might present a conflict of interest.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP