Running Into Uncharted Territory

Monday, August 2, 2010

Friday I ran into uncharted territory – literally. 14 miles. Gasp! That’s farther than I’ve ever run before. With two half marathons under my belt I’ve felt a sense of accomplishment, but this is different. It’s the road to one of the biggest goals I’ve ever set for myself – especially physically.

So, with that said I woke up Friday morning at the crack of dawn – no, really I had to wait a few minutes because I’m a punk and won’t run in the dark by myself – put on my running gear and set out for a special morning.

My early morning pre-run pic. I finally stopped putting on make up just to sweat it off. Yeah, I know. Don’t show anyone.

I had to do my long run by myself again this week because I had someplace special to be Saturday morning. I really miss my running group, it gets lonely out there alone so I brought along Drake and Alicia Keys to entertain me.

The sun rising over the Target parking lot. I really wanted to stop and shop.

I had to do a phone interview for a magazine article I’m writing at 9 a.m. so I knocked out 10 miles and stopped to make my call. Less than an hour later I was back on the road winding through my sub-division knocking out the final four.

I ran so far I had to make a wardrobe change. Me channeling my inner running diva.

While the first ten miles felt awesome, the last four sucked. Gasp! I thought they’d be easy since I stopped to squeeze in my call but I think the break might’ve made it harder. That and the heat. Oh what a difference an hour makes. For the final two miles all I could think about was this …

Yum. Who knew I’d have such a love affair with sports drinks?

My longest run couldn’t have happened on a better day, about eight hours later I grabbed my overnight bag, kissed Husband and the kids goodbye then headed into midtown Atlanta for an exclusive mom blogger escape at the fabulous Four Seasons Hotel.

Did I already use the word fabulous? To say the good folks at the Four Seasons spoiled us would be an understatement. Let me just say by the end of the night I traded in my sports drink for this little number …

A Grey Goose Strawberry Mojito with fresh basil grown in their organic garden

Right. Stay tuned that’s a whole other post.

Winks & Smiles,
post signature

6 comments:

Dana,  August 2, 2010 at 6:52 AM  

Yay cousin-Wifey! You're such an inspiration! Why didn't you tell me that there are cocktails at the end if 14 miles and at @ the Four Seasons no less!
xoxo
Dana

Unknown August 2, 2010 at 8:15 AM  

Right, Dana! What am I going to do after this week's run - yikes!

Anne August 2, 2010 at 9:53 PM  

Congrats on the 14 miles!!

I'm totally jealous of your post-long-run mojito! That Mommy blogger weekend sounds like something I'll want to read all about :)

hicksgirl93 August 3, 2010 at 5:50 PM  

Wow! What a great day and evening indeed! BTW, you look fab in your pink running gear. ;)

e August 4, 2010 at 6:27 PM  

Congrats! You totally deserved that mojito after the run :) Mmmm, I want one now too - that's a great incentive.

Post a Comment

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions, products, event tickets, travel and other forms of compensation. The owner of this blog may be compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog may receive compensation for a post or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content that might present a conflict of interest.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP