Atlanta’s Finest 5K: Running with Husband

Monday, August 9, 2010

Saturday Husband and I ran in the Atlanta Track Club’s annual Atlanta’ Finest 5K at Centennial Olympic Park.

About two weeks ago I got an e-mail that said, “quick sign us up.” Hmm, the last and only time Husband ran with me was for beer. This time it was because the corporation he works for was one of the sponsors; and because he wanted to run. I know he actually wanted to run because last year I ran it with some of his co-workers and he ever so supportively cheered us on from the sidelines. I’m sure he could’ve watched again but he chose to lace up his shoes and hit the road with the rest of us.

We started the race together, but I told him several times he didn’t have to stay with me. Yes, folks, Husband could run circles around is definitely faster than me. He decided to run the first two miles at my pace and said he would go on ahead for the last. There were two big hills in the third mile and neither of us wanted to burn out before them. When we crossed the second mile marker I pushed Husband on his way and cranked up my iPod. I decided to keep my steady pace and stayed aggressive with the hills.

I’m excited to say that it paid off. I PR’d the race finishing in 33:11, 26th out of 60 in my age group. Yes, that’s fast – for me. Husband finished in 31:23, but I’m sure he could’ve easily been under 30 if he wasn’t babysitting his wife. Next time, I’ll definitely encourage him to go for his.

Surprisingly, I only took a few pics.

Husband getting his music straight

Me ready to run

The finish line I was so happy to cross quickly

Sunday night Husband told me he found another race for us to do. Loving his interest I got excited until I saw THIS.

Gasp!

Oh, yeah. I didn't tell you, I'm a punk.

Hmm, what do you think? It might be my turn to cheer him on supportively from the sidelines.

Winks & Smiles,
post signature

4 comments:

Marcia August 10, 2010 at 8:24 AM  

I just started running a few months ago. I did one 5K in May and I'm doing a 3.5 miler on Saturday called the Run Amuck..yes, its thru mud and obstacles (this should be interesting). A month ago a co-worker told me about the Warrior race and I am thinking about doing it...I think you should go for it!!! and think--you get a cool Viking hat too!!!!

Unknown August 10, 2010 at 11:02 AM  

Oh, Marcia, I would so rock the cool Viking hat - LOL - its the fire I'm concerned about. Tee hee hee.

Mammatalk August 10, 2010 at 11:51 AM  

Awesome! So great to watch you reach your goals.

keyalus August 13, 2010 at 9:11 AM  

I did the Warrior Dash in Mountain City GA when they held it back in May. It was fun and none of the obstacles was really very difficult. Staying upright in the mud was a challenge though!

Post a Comment

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions, products, event tickets, travel and other forms of compensation. The owner of this blog may be compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog may receive compensation for a post or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content that might present a conflict of interest.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP