Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Run Wifey Run

So, I’ve been talking about running a marathon for a couple of months now. I slowed things down a bit and became a princess in the process. Friday I narrowed it down to two marathons and asked for a little input on which one to do. Last night I put my money where my mouth is and registered for my first marathon.

I went left. Well, actually I went east and didn’t choose San Fran or San Antonio but opted for The Marine Corps Marathon in Washington, D.C. on Halloween. What’s crazy is I didn’t even know about the MCM until yesterday. I saw a mention of it on my new training group’s message board; then two hours later I got an e-mail from Active.com listing it as one of the top 10 largest marathons in the U.S.; and then last night Husband told me that his father ran the MCM two times and it would be really cool if I did it. Sounds like fate to me. So, I re-checked the message boards and found out that more than 27 people from my running group are registered to run including seven people from my pace group.

I stared at the enter button for about five minutes after filling out the registration online. It’s one thing to say you’re going to run a marathon, but it’s another thing to bring it to reality.


After receiving my confirmation, I couldn’t stop smiling. I was flipping back and forth between feeling elated and inspired; and wondering, “what the *bleep* did I just do!”

I’m excited to take on this challenge and to get healthier along the way. I appreciate everyone for you input and encouragement. Um, I’m going to need it now more than ever.

Winks & Smiles,
post signature

11 comments:

Armywife101 April 14, 2010 at 1:44 AM  

Congratulations and best of luck in the marathon!
Semper Fi :)

Mammatalk April 14, 2010 at 10:51 AM  

You are so inspiring. Can't wait to hear of your progress!!

Unknown April 14, 2010 at 8:04 PM  

Oh, I hear the Marine Marathon is a rough one. But then again, they are all rough! Congrats on taking the leap *ahem* run into marathons!

workout mommy April 14, 2010 at 9:14 PM  

you can do this! The worst part is the training. :)

I look forward to reading all about it and coming to cheer you on at the finish line!

Anne April 14, 2010 at 9:59 PM  

Yay you for clicking on enter :)
Looking forward to following along on this journey!

Shay Shay April 14, 2010 at 10:03 PM  

Way to go LoLo! You ROCK!

carmen Jones April 15, 2010 at 12:30 AM  

Lorraine,
I am Booker Daniels sister and we'll see you on 10/31. We can encourage each other. I've done it and there's no other like it.

hooo-aaaaah!!!
Carmen Daniels Jones
Arlington, VA

Jen April 15, 2010 at 9:56 AM  

Fantastic!! You'll have a blast :) My Dad has run the MCM 4 times now (we live locally, so he doesn't have to travel much lol), and while I'm too chicken to run with him, I do go cheer, and he always has a lot of fun!

Stesha April 15, 2010 at 11:53 AM  

Go Lorraine! I wish I could be there to see you at the finish line!

Hugs and Mocha,
Stesha

ScrappinMichele April 16, 2010 at 9:02 PM  

I am so excited that you will be running your first marathon here in the DC area. I will definitely be cheering you on. You are an inspiration to me.

RobinLK April 20, 2010 at 8:57 PM  

OOOOhhhh... I'm so excited for you! Would love to run a HALF mary in DC. You're going the distance AND on Halloween! Thoughts on a costume yet?? :)

Looking forward to following your progress! Would love for you to join us back here in FL in November, for another half that's sure to be loads of fun.. interested? A full five wks before your DC debut.

HUGS from Orlando,
robin/turtle runner

Post a Comment

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions, products, event tickets, travel and other forms of compensation. The owner of this blog may be compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog may receive compensation for a post or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content that might present a conflict of interest.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP