Sweetwater 420 Fest 5K: Will Run For Beer

Monday, April 19, 2010

Run Wifey Run

When I told Husband he should run a race with me he quickly told me his stock answer, “I don’t run.” When I told him he should run the Sweetwater 420 Fest 5K with me and they’d have ice cold beer waiting at the finish line for some reason he quickly changed his tune to “sure, sounds like fun.”

Hmm. I’m not questioning his motives but apparently I’m not the only one in the family who will run for beer.

Seriously, it was fun to have Husband join me for a run. We dropped the kids at my mom’s and hopped on MARTA so we wouldn’t have to deal with parking at the race. It didn’t start until 11 a.m. but the weather was comfortable – sunny and in the 70’s – just the way I like it. We ran through the Candler Park area – there were beautiful homes and the park was nice, but, um, can I just say I’m glad I didn’t know about the hills before I started running. They were killer, but definitely added to my sense of accomplishment – and justification for that beer!

Husband and I at my mom’s

Waiting for the train

Getting his playlist just right

The classic pre-race pic

Crossing the finish line

The classic post-race pic

My celebratory beer and brisket

Husband finished in 33:19 and I came in shortly after at 38:14. We joked that I was like Goldie Hawn in the movie Wildcats and he was one of the football players when she challenged them to run around the track. He’s got the speed but the distance is all mine. He was so sweet to come back and run up the last hill with me – definitely good times. While he says he might do some more 5K’s anything longer is still out of the question – beer or no beer. That’s fine by me since he’s always right there cheering me on at the finish line.

Winks & Smiles,
post signature

11 comments:

Mammatalk April 19, 2010 at 2:16 PM  

What a fun thing to do as a couple. Almost beats Date Night....well, only b/c Date Night doesn't usually find a place on the calendar.

Anonymous,  April 19, 2010 at 2:34 PM  

Awww, Congrats to the both of you.

Nikki D April 19, 2010 at 5:09 PM  

Yay! Very proud of you both! Run Wifey and Run Bro-in-law! :)

Ms. Wanda April 20, 2010 at 8:07 AM  

Awww, I love that burger and beer pic:) That alone would be incentive for my hubby!

Teresa @ Red Velvet Confections April 20, 2010 at 4:25 PM  

How nice! I wish I could get Steeler Fan to simply walk a 5k with me. Maybe I should bring a cooler of beer with me to my next walk.

RobinLK April 20, 2010 at 8:37 PM  

Gotta love hubbies who are:
(a) Willing to run for beer
(b) Willing to climb a hill for us
(c) Always our biggest fan!!

Looks and sounds like a GREAT day! Love the pics and enjoyed following your tweets that day. :)

HUGS from Orlando!
robin/turtle runner

Krystal Grant April 20, 2010 at 9:09 PM  

You two are such a cute couple. Congrats on the run.

Funkidivagirl April 21, 2010 at 11:13 AM  

Yup, that's my hood and while I don't run, but instead walk, those hills are killer! Congratulations to the both of you! I think I was still in my pajamas at that time....

ScrappinMichele April 21, 2010 at 12:57 PM  

How fun!! I'm not sure my dh would run even if there was beer at the end. I'm sure he would be at the end of the race ready to give me my beer and cheer me on.

Maybe some day!!! Never say never, right?!

Anne April 22, 2010 at 10:44 PM  

How cool is that and those are great pics!! I'm lucky that my husband started running again when I got into it, so we'll be doing our first half together in May :)

Jen April 25, 2010 at 10:54 AM  

"Will run for beer" - AMAZING! That wonderful liquid is such a great reward after a good run! Love that your hubby did the 5k with you! Maybe I'll have to find a race with a similar finish line reward for my fiance to do with me! :)

Post a Comment

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions, products, event tickets, travel and other forms of compensation. The owner of this blog may be compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog may receive compensation for a post or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content that might present a conflict of interest.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP