We Don't Cheat

Friday, March 12, 2010

A Sneak Peek Inside Wifey’s House

Friday’s Confession ...

When I first started Wifey’s House every Friday, for some strange reason, I felt compelled to tell on myself about something I probably shouldn’t have thought, said or done. Go figure. Well, here I go again.

Yesterday I was quizzing my son on his multiplication tables and caught him trying to sneak a peek at his notebook when he didn’t know an answer.

“We don’t cheat,” I told him sternly. “I’d rather have you get it wrong, than cheat.”

I stood on my soapbox for a few seconds longer.

“Did you hear me?” I asked my 6-year-old daughter.

“Yes, mommy.”

“OK, I just want to be clear. We don’t cheat – ever!”

And then I sat down, held my breath and waited for the lightening to strike. Coincidentally it was raining in Atlanta, but God must’ve had bigger fish to fry because I never saw the bolt.

I confess, I cheated on a math test in the 6th grade. Sorry Mrs. Kolinski. No, I wasn’t a serial cheater, but I did look to the left during that particular test and changed my answer to match the girl’s next to me. I was wrong, I felt bad and I quickly learned my lesson. The girl’s answer was incorrect and my original one was right.

*insert sigh here*

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest. Now I feel better and can tell my children not to cheat with a guilty clear conscience. Did I share with them the blemish on my record? Um, no. Maybe one day I will, when they are old enough not to hold it against me.

Winks & Smiles,

post signature






Today’s workout: Legs and cardio. How about you? Make sure you do something to take care of you!

5 comments:

Radical Selfie March 12, 2010 at 11:13 AM  

See how our children can inspire us to be better! Somewhere, Mrs. Kolinksi just experienced a feeling of resolve, and now you can move on with the business of periodically reminding your children that they don't have to make that particular mistake. There's a real parent lesson in this post -- thanks for that.

Andrea March 12, 2010 at 11:22 AM  

Sometimes I get so wrapped up in everything else that is going on that I forget to pass on the lessons I have learned.

Thanks for the reminder wifey!

Unknown March 12, 2010 at 12:18 PM  

My children inspire me to be better everyday! And, yes, its so easy to get wrapped up in everything else - we all do it!

Thanks for the comments, ladies!

Kerrie March 12, 2010 at 12:38 PM  

I didn't cheat, but I got in trouble once when someone was trying to cheat off me and I was telling her to be quiet. Detention. I was a total goody two shoes. Oh, I did get caught for skipping a class in high school once. My mom covered for me but then I got in trouble when I got home. Oh, the guilt!

Unknown March 12, 2010 at 5:17 PM  

Love it... kids certainly make you remember your faults don't they?

Post a Comment

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions, products, event tickets, travel and other forms of compensation. The owner of this blog may be compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog may receive compensation for a post or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content that might present a conflict of interest.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP