Running Wild

Monday, March 22, 2010

Run Wifey Run

I’m not sure how “wild” it was but it sure was fun. Saturday, a few of my tennis buddies and I participated in the Publix Run Wild 5K around Atlanta’s historic Grant Park. The event was a part of the official ING Georgia Marathon & Half Marathon Weekend.

It was the perfect way to start off the weekend. The sun was shining and warmed us up quickly; the race route was scenic and challenging, but nothing too hard; and I finished smiling just under 36 minutes.

The gals getting ready to go

Me, Shannon and Nneka after crossing the finish line

To top the weekend off Miles hit a homerun in his baseball game later that morning, Husband and I won our tennis match that afternoon, and Sunday I got a coveted number to run in the Peachtree Road Race on the Fourth of July – the largest 10K in the country. I’ve run in the Peachtree several times before, but this one seems special. Maybe it’s because I can almost fix my mouth to say, “I’m a runner.” Almost.

How about you? Was your weekend “wild?” Hopefully you took the time to do something active to take care of you.

Winks & Smiles,
post signature

6 comments:

Mammatalk March 22, 2010 at 11:04 AM  

Lots of pushing the double stroller to the park these days! Does that count?

You look great!

Shay Shay March 22, 2010 at 9:11 PM  

How do you do it all!?!?! Had a great time Saturday! You kept me running. Looking forward to the next race (although I may not make the Peachtree (frown)).

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run March 22, 2010 at 9:46 PM  

Looks like FUN, I love the pictures. Yes my weekend was WILD..

1. Sold our house
2. Bought a house
3. Won an Ipod
4. Watched my alma mater WIN in the NCAA tourne in person and hung with college buddies.
5. Ran a HILLY half Marathon..

I need to do more 5Ks

Anonymous,  March 24, 2010 at 11:48 AM  

I wouldn't call my past weekend wild but I certainly did do something for me. I looked for a new vehicle.

Post a Comment

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions, products, event tickets, travel and other forms of compensation. The owner of this blog may be compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog may receive compensation for a post or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content that might present a conflict of interest.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP