Moms’ Musings: Hot Chocolate Caramel Mocha

Monday, March 29, 2010

I’m so excited for the launch of my Moms’ Musings series. As much as I’d like to think that my opinion is the only one people want to read, I realize that’s not the case, ahem, so just like Wives' Words, I’ve created Moms’ Musings to highlight other moms and share their crazy stories wonderful experiences with you.

Starting off the Moms’ Musings series is the fabulous Stesha Sims from Hot Chocolate Caramel Mocha. If you’ve ever read Stesha’s blog you’d know she’s the perfect mom to lead the way. She’s funny as hell – for real – and has seven kids under 12 including a set of twins. Need I say more?

Here’s Stesha’s Moms’ Musings:

Name: Stesha Sims

Children (names and ages):

Tyler,12

Kyndle, 4; Brooklyn, 2; Roman, 5; Jordan, 6

Eden, 1

 and Elijah: 1

Occupation: Superhero (Do you see how many children I have?) I also own a website that will launch in a few months, so stay tuned!

Blog/website: http://www.hotchocolatecaramelmocha.com/

What was your biggest fear about becoming a mother? Did it come true?
That my life would literally end. Did it come true? No. Like fine wine, my life only got better.

What’s the best thing about having a child(ren)?
Laughter.

What’s the craziest thing that’s happened to you since becoming a mom?
Oh, my. Let me see. There was the time I didn't do laundry, (for an entire week) and my oldest daughter had to wear a pair of her brother's underwear. No big deal....unless she screams out the car window whilst waiting in the parent pick-up line: "Hey guys! Look! I have on your underwear!"

What do you wish someone would have hipped you to about being mom?
It's okay to make mistakes. They will happen on a daily basis, but you have to keep moving.

What does your child do that makes you say, “now I understand why my mother ____!” (don't forget to fill in the blank)
They all scream Ma! Ma! Ma! all the time. Never Da! Da! Da! Now I understand why my mother practically lived in the laundry room. It wasn't because she liked to do laundry. It was to preserve her sanity!

What words of wisdom would you like to share with other moms?
Butt paste can be used as lip balm. I'm just saying.

Thanks, Stesha!

How ‘bout you? Got any musings you’d like to share? Moms everywhere want to know …

Winks & Smiles,
post signature

11 comments:

Stesha March 30, 2010 at 12:05 AM  

Thanks for having me as your 1st feature on the Moms' Musings series. I'm very honored, my friend. Also, I can't believe I have a picture posted of my bare face with no makeup. Sigh. You can't win them all.

Hugs and Mocha,
Stesha

mrs.notouching March 30, 2010 at 12:17 AM  

"Butt paste can be used as lip balm" - that's the kind of advice every parent needs.

Stesha March 30, 2010 at 12:20 AM  

@mrsnotouching I do my best to keep my readers updated on such things. It's my civic duty;)

Hugs and Mocha,
Stesha

Unknown March 30, 2010 at 6:13 AM  

Stesha, are you kidding? That picture is gorgeous. Sigh. We should all be so luck.

Winks & Smiles,
Wifey

MyBusyMind March 30, 2010 at 9:00 AM  

Butt paste has lip balm.... hmmm. Great start to the series.

princessdominique March 30, 2010 at 9:07 AM  

Wonderful feature. it was great to learn more about Stesha. I follow her on Twitter. She really is a superhero. I'm just discovering your blog too. I'm going to pry myself away from shoes every week to stop through too!

KarieK March 30, 2010 at 9:12 AM  

I love Stesha! She and I totally get the crazy fun of being a mom and you could not have picked a better picture. GORGEOUS! Such a great feature.

Keyona March 30, 2010 at 9:32 AM  

I agree that the laughter is the BEST! :)

Shelly- Mom Files March 30, 2010 at 10:13 AM  

Stesha is a trip!! I love her :) I am so excited to see her new blog. She has me in suspense.

Tyrone March 30, 2010 at 2:43 PM  

I didn't notice there was no makeup in that pic - stop kicking yourself. You look great. Awesome guest post!

I keep thinking of Bill Cosby's joke about his dad never being able to finish a sentence - I do that all the time.

Jessica March 31, 2010 at 12:26 PM  

Awesome interview! Stesha is the bomb!

Post a Comment

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions, products, event tickets, travel and other forms of compensation. The owner of this blog may be compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog may receive compensation for a post or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content that might present a conflict of interest.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP