Pomaritas Anyone?

Monday, March 15, 2010

A Sneak Peek Inside Wifey’s House

I like pomegranate juice. Who knew?

I didn’t. It’s always been one of those things I just assumed I didn’t like, so when the good folks at POM Wonderful offered to send me some I daringly said yes – and hoped that I would like it. And I did. Not just ‘cause I mixed it with tequila, ahem, but I drank it straight, too. And it was delightfully yummy.

Then I went to their website and saw a new study indicates the antioxidants found in Wonderful variety pomegranates can speed muscle recovery and reduce soreness after exercise and I was sold. It taste good and can help me in my quest to get fit and healthy – and it’s the bomb with tequila – yup, sounds like some super-juice to me.

Speaking of tequila, since it was Friday I decided to make a little drink for me and Husband with my new best friend POM Wonderful. I might as well be healthy while I’m indulging in a little weekend cocktail. Here’s how that went …



Husband liked it, too. I was really proud of my bartending skills because I normally stick to beer and wine, but this might be my new splurge-on-a-cheat-day specialty drink.

Here’s the Pomarita recipe I used from their website:

1 oz. freshly squeezed pomegranate juice* or POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice
1 oz. tequila
1 oz. Cointreau (I used Triple Sec)
3/4 oz. fresh lime juice
1/4 oz. simple syrup (equal parts sugar and water dissolved together in cold water)
Salt and lime for garnish (optional)

It was super easy. Just mix everything together with ice in a shaker and you’re good to go.

Thanks to lovely folks at POM Wonderful for introducing me to 100% pomegranate juice. I had no idea that I was missing out. Are you?

Winks & Smiles,

post signature






POM Wonderful sent me a case of 100% pomegranate juice but did not pay for this post or my opinion. My thoughts, likes and drink choices are all my own.

10 comments:

Kate March 15, 2010 at 9:57 AM  

That looks super tasty. You know I am dreading the week because I saw this and was thinking I need one of those stat (it is only 6:50 in the morning).

Looks like you had a fabulous friday!

Ms. Wanda March 15, 2010 at 2:08 PM  

I should have come over to your house and one of those, cause the drink I had was horrible! Thanks for the recipe Wifey!

xoxo
Ms. Wanda

Mammatalk March 15, 2010 at 4:07 PM  

I love Pom.

Pomarita? Might just have to try that!

Dana March 15, 2010 at 8:41 PM  

I like POM but it is not cheap. Thanks for the recipe.

MOMSWEB March 15, 2010 at 11:19 PM  

I'll just keep coming back to watch you drink yours because I KNOW I'm not going to go out and purchase those ingredients. Yep, call me lazy!

Anonymous,  March 16, 2010 at 3:41 PM  

Girl, I love Pomegranate juice. I use the POM flavored liquor, Ruby Red Vodka and a tiny bit of OJ (optional). That's my summer time drank.

Krystal Grant March 16, 2010 at 9:00 PM  

Well, since I'm an alcohol virgin I'm not sure if I'll try the concoction but I must say that lately I've been indulging in Grapefruit juice. I'm loving it and using it as my replacement to Coca Cola. It's working for the time being but I'm not sure how long that will last.

w March 16, 2010 at 9:07 PM  

i've never tried pom. it totally looks good. with tequila.

Justice Fergie March 16, 2010 at 9:44 PM  

oooo that is SO funny! i made pomtinis for hubby and I two Fridays ago. i went a little overboard on the alcohol though and couldn't even finish mine. oh and i added a sugared rim! (I know, I know - not healthy!)

LaQT/ Ty March 19, 2010 at 8:29 PM  

This is so funny to me because I felt the same way about Pomegranate and Acai and turns out I like both of them. I just assumed they would be nasty. Apparently I discriminate against exotic fruit, maybe I should be more open.

Post a Comment

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions, products, event tickets, travel and other forms of compensation. The owner of this blog may be compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog may receive compensation for a post or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content that might present a conflict of interest.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP