One Week

Monday, August 3, 2009

A Sneak Peek Inside Wifey's House

You didn't ask, but I'm just sayin'...

One week. One week, 6 hours and 34 minutes to be exact. Not that I'm counting or anything, ahem, but that's when my wonderful and energetic children start school.

Seriously, it's been a fun-filled summer. As they continue to get older and are able to do more things, I continue to enjoy spending tons of time with them - watching their little personalities form and just having some good ol' fashion fun. Summertime fun. We've tackled water parks, amusement parks, camps, cookouts, movies, festivals, play dates, birthday parties and backyard fun. We lived in the swimming pool and still found time to breakout the summer-bridge workbooks - got to keep those little minds working.


Baby girl debating her first diving board jump (yes, she did it ... again and again!)



Miles mid-air

But even through all the good times, I must admit there's a tiny part of me, ahem, that is ready for the school bell to ring. It has nothing to do with the fact that my daughter decided to wash her baby doll's clothes in hand sanitizer yesterday; and my son thought it would be cool to ride down the stairs in a laundry basket - gasp! (Yes, both the dolls and my son all survived.) I think it's just time. Time to return to our regular routine. Our school time schedule which hopefully will provide a little sanity ... for all of us.

Winks & Smiles,

post signature

How about you? When do your kids go back to school? Does the school day offer some structure and sanity in your house? Home-schooling moms we want to hear from you, too!

10 comments:

thatgirlblogs August 3, 2009 at 10:50 AM  

oh, we're off to our last vacation in the mountains and then it's back to school on 8/31. not looking forward to it at all!

QueenBee August 3, 2009 at 11:42 AM  

I am hating that your kids go to shcool way earlier than mine do. My brats won't leave until Aug. 24 heading to yet a wonderful solace away from home. That is when I think I will take some annual leave from work.

Ms. Wanda August 3, 2009 at 12:00 PM  

I'm feeling you Wifey!!! Even though mine are out of state, I'm still ready for school to start and my life to regain some sort of normalcy:) I like my school routine and miss it!

Armywife101 August 3, 2009 at 12:38 PM  

I totally understand Wifey! Thanks heavens my kids started back to school this past Friday. Can you believe that here in Hawaii they started school in July so I am FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! LOL
Yes them being in school does offer structure because I don't have to constantly clean , thehouse stays straight and I get to have just a wee bit me time.

Unknown August 3, 2009 at 1:39 PM  

The summer just went by too fast for me. Maybe it's because I'm sending my oldest off to college and I'm just not ready for that. ;(

Janelle August 3, 2009 at 4:44 PM  

My older ones start on the 31st, which is early for Cali. We usually start after Labor Day. My baby's in preschool and thinks his weekends are his summer vacation...poor thing, we just agree with him, he'd be heartbroken to know his sisters are at home while he's been at school all summer!

La'Tonya Richardson August 4, 2009 at 11:28 AM  

Tomorrow, it will be exactly two weeks before school starts. That means 15 days. I'm a little torn. I will be excited about school, but that means, I must also start the routine with them. :(

Dee @ tifiblogs August 4, 2009 at 6:13 PM  

Mine go back the first week of September. I'll miss them. And back to school means back to after school activities which I both love and dread.

MOMSWEB August 5, 2009 at 4:25 PM  

You don't want to hear from this homeschooling mom (lol).

Unknown August 6, 2009 at 9:58 PM  

I love when school starts. It provides a lot of structure for everyone.

My son goes back in 2 weeks and a few days.

I am ready for sure. He is dreading it completely.

Post a Comment

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions, products, event tickets, travel and other forms of compensation. The owner of this blog may be compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog may receive compensation for a post or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content that might present a conflict of interest.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP