Sleep Deprived

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Wifey's Weekly Q and A

Dear Wifey:

My husband snores so bad it's killing me. We didn’t move in together until after the wedding. I knew he snored, but I didn’t know how badly. It's three months later and I have yet to sleep through the entire night. I can’t be the only one with a snoring husband, please tell me what to do so I can get some sleep.

- Mrs. Sleep Deprived


Dear Mrs. Sleep Deprived:

From a woman who loves her sleep, I feel for you. Your husband’s snoring might not only be killing you, but him, too. I don’t mean to scare you, but I do suggest that you talk to your husband about seeing a doctor. If his snoring is as consistent and disruptive as it sounds, he might have a medical condition like sleep apnea that can be treated or possibly controlled if diagnosed properly. I am not a doctor but I do know that there can be some serious health risks associated with snoring and I strongly encourage for you to check with your physician. Hopefully your doctor will rule out anything serious, and might be able to put an end to, or at least lessen your snoring woes. In the meantime, you might want to invest in a good pair of earplugs to help get you through the night.

Winks & Smiles,

post signature

How about you? Do you or your spouse snore? How do you deal with it? Sleep deprived spouses want to know …

The advice on this site is intended to be helpful, but is not meant to take the place of marital counseling, legal advice, financial advice or any other professional service. If you feel you need professional help, it is encouraged for you to get some.

11 comments:

Kathy B! August 6, 2009 at 12:20 PM  

I always love your responses. They need to boot Abby and put you in all of the papers :)

Unknown August 6, 2009 at 5:00 PM  

I had a friend who snored terribly and turned out he did have sleep apnea, which can be very dangerous. During his sleep tests by a doctor, he was found to have stopped breathing more than 30 times in a minute while he was sleeping. People who are overweight are more prone to sleep apnea. I hope Mrs. Sleep Deprived gets to the bottom of her husband's issue.

Radical Selfie August 6, 2009 at 8:26 PM  

It's amazing how many women I know are suffering from this particular "ailment". I've had a friend threaten to use a Taser gun on her beau. My vote is for strategic kicks to the ribs. Good thing there's no "Ask Execumama" - tee hee!

joanofalltrades August 6, 2009 at 10:28 PM  

Is my husband living a double life because I think she may be talking about him? My advice is just get used to it. I can't stand things being stuck in my ears (mind out of the gutter) so earplugs are out of the question. I have heard if he gets his adenoids (sp?) removed that it cures the problem. Good luck!

Shanny August 6, 2009 at 10:35 PM  

Go Wifey Go!

The earplugs work wonders!!! My husband sometimes snores and loves to have a conversation all by himself. I don't think our marriage would have survived if not for earplugs. God bless them!

Eyeglasses & Endzones August 7, 2009 at 1:51 AM  

No snoring going on here!! But my dad, my dad can saw logs in his sleep and not even know...it is crazy!!! ;)

Felicia - I complete Me August 7, 2009 at 10:30 AM  

You know my husband didn't snore much. Only when he was real tired. I just roll him over and that works for me or I go to the "man cave" with the futon. I'm a bit worried now that you pointed out he could have some health problems.

chelsea August 8, 2009 at 2:30 AM  

Good advice. I just thought I would add what my grandma once told me when I was mentioning a few things that bothered me about my hubby. She told me that most of the things she missed most about her husband use to bother her before he passed on. So I know sleep is important, but really try more fully to love EVERYTHING about your significant other...enjoy every minute because they will not always be around...you never know when he won't be by your side.

Mammatalk August 8, 2009 at 11:48 AM  

Rolling him over works for me. Although, you are correct in advising to see a doctor. Good advice.

Elton October 29, 2010 at 2:11 AM  

Hi Frost,

I had trouble functioning during the day because I couldn't fall asleep until 1 or 2 am, then had to get up at 6 am. My doctor prescribed 10 mg generic Ambien (not CR) but because I'm small I decided to cut one in half the first night. I was able to sleep soundly almost immediately after my head hit the pillow and I slept all night. That was about three years ago and I am still taking my half pill per night and sleeping well. I have occasional times (maybe once every two months) that I don't sleep well with them, but I don't blame the pill for that. Follow the directions, if you don't it isn't the fault of the drug, it's your own fault.

Ramesh September 13, 2011 at 7:12 AM  

I have experienced sleep walking, preparing food, verbal discussions without any memory of doing so. It is pretty good for getting you to fall asleep, however Ambien Zolpidem is not effective with maintaining lengthy periods of sleep.

Post a Comment

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions, products, event tickets, travel and other forms of compensation. The owner of this blog may be compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog may receive compensation for a post or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content that might present a conflict of interest.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP