The Need For Speed

Thursday, April 15, 2010

One of the many highlights from my Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend was the opportunity to ride shotgun in a NASCAR-style stock car going 140 mph at The Richard Petty Driving Experience at Walt Disney World Speedway. To say it was an awesome experience would be an understatement. It was thrilling, exhilarating and I actually felt very safe. I loved it so much I dipped into my pocket and bought the video of my ride so I could relive it over again, and … so I could take you along with me.

Something tells me I might regret this (I’m still counting how many times I said "wow," “awesome,” and “ooooohhhh”), but here’s the split-screen video of my Richard Petty Driving Experience:



Fun, right?

The princesses trade in their tiara's for shades and jumpsuits

Maybe next time I’ll take the wheel.

Winks & Smiles,

post signature






Disney paid for my travel accommodations, several meals, attractions and gifts during this trip, however they did not pay for this post or the video. My thoughts and opinions are all mine.

9 comments:

Kerrie April 15, 2010 at 9:43 AM  

OMG. I'm so jealous! I love NASCAR anyway, but that would be so much fun! If we head to FL this fall, I want to do that. How fast did you go?

Mocha Dad April 15, 2010 at 10:32 AM  

I am also very jealous. I want to drive one of those cars so badly.

Anne April 15, 2010 at 1:17 PM  

Brave woman! To be honest, I think I'd have wet myself :)

La'Tonya Richardson April 16, 2010 at 8:39 AM  

That's what I'm talking about! It had to be a great rush. Wow!

chele April 16, 2010 at 11:56 AM  

What an awesome experience!

Mozi Esme April 16, 2010 at 7:58 PM  

Don't you all look smashing! :)

Unknown April 18, 2010 at 1:40 PM  

Okay so I peed my pants when you said "let's not get technical." Then I peed again looking at your facial expressions! That was fun-nee! A must-do on my next trip to Disney!

RobinLK April 20, 2010 at 8:52 PM  

Did this a few years ago, for my FIL's birthday -we all got to ride. SO MUCH FUN!!! Glad you got to experience this while you were here. :)

HUGS from Orlando,
robin/turtle runner

ohAmanda August 3, 2010 at 8:09 PM  

I love love love it!! I think I probably would have screamed even more. ;)

Post a Comment

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions, products, event tickets, travel and other forms of compensation. The owner of this blog may be compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog may receive compensation for a post or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content that might present a conflict of interest.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP