Why Wifey Needs a Wife: Reason #989

Monday, July 6, 2009

A Sneak Peek Inside Wifey’s House

Yes, I could probably come up with more than 1000 reasons why I need a wife … and a chef, a housekeeper, a driver, a personal assistant, a laundry attendant, a nanny and a clone of myself since I do all these things and more. After looking at the long list of things I do daily, I decided if I had a wife (like me) I could possibly relax a little. Then I woke up … and started this list.

Here’s reason #989:

To Watch the Kids so I can Grocery Shop in Peace

Yes, Husband is normally helpful in this situation but he was at work and for some strange reason I waited until there was absolutely nothing in the house to eat to go grocery shopping so I was forced to brave the store with the kids – alone. Big mistake for my personal sanity. While I’d like to front that everything is always orderly at Wifey’s House, that’s just not the case. Yes, you might see me in the grocery store with well behaved kids, but that’s only after I’ve threatened, several times, to send them straight to bed when we get home if they don’t straighten up and act right. And, yes I do make good on most of my threats, ahem. Where do you think my kids are right now as I’m writing this?

If I had a wife I would ask her nicely to watch the kids for me so I could go to the grocery store in peace. Truthfully, I’d probably ask her to do the grocery shopping for me but that’s another reason (#763), and another post.

Winks & Smiles,

post signature

11 comments:

MOMSWEB July 6, 2009 at 8:59 AM  

I remember the days. The boys are now old enough to leave at home and it's a shame I get excited about going grocery shopping, but I do -in PEACE!

Unknown July 6, 2009 at 9:00 AM  

When my kids got old enough to watch themselves so I could run to the store...I thought life had really just begun! Freedom!!

Liz Wilkey (a.k.a. A Mom on Spin) July 6, 2009 at 9:02 AM  

Now I send my daughters to the store for me!

Mozi Esme July 6, 2009 at 10:39 AM  

I HATE shopping! Grocery shopping only happens when absolutely necessary, and I haven't done clothes shopping in years - at least 27 months to be exact! It's just too complicated... Give me a wife, too, please!

Radical Selfie July 6, 2009 at 2:47 PM  

Um, excuse me...may I borrow your wife on Wednesdays to watch my girls while I grocery shop as well? I promise, they'll take good care of her. She'll be sleepy when I drop her back of at your house, but she'll be in tact nonetheless. Consider it and let me know...soon. Please.

Felicia - I complete Me July 6, 2009 at 3:36 PM  

This post came straight out of my head. I always say every wife needs a wife.

Eyeglasses & Endzones July 6, 2009 at 4:09 PM  

Pssshhh...Yeah, I can think of about just as many reasons why "I" need a wife too!!! One of which would be to pack all of my clothes to go on vacation....Geez, is that too much to ask?

Tiffany July 7, 2009 at 8:16 AM  

Now that's a great idea!

Kimmy @ kimmythingy July 7, 2009 at 8:26 AM  

Threats work well, but for my children bribery seems to work far better :: le sigh ::

Grocery shopping is stressful with kiddo's, but my biggest nightmare is clothes shopping. Oh my goodness - I'd love to be able to try clothes on without having to extract two children from under/in clothing rails!

Stopping by from SiTs

Darcel July 7, 2009 at 9:07 AM  

The grocery store I can handle. I don't clothes shop with my girls very often though. stopping by from SITS to say hello :)

African American Mom July 9, 2009 at 11:59 AM  

Funny post! When I go to the store with the kids name changes to Crazy! I'll answer to it if called upon.

you: Hey, Crazy! How's it going?

me: Nothing much, just crazy!

Post a Comment

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions, products, event tickets, travel and other forms of compensation. The owner of this blog may be compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog may receive compensation for a post or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content that might present a conflict of interest.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP