Wives' Words - Mrs. Nazworth

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

It’s time for the second installment of Wives’ Words. As much as I’d like to think that my opinion is the only one people want to read, I realize that’s not the case, ahem, so every two weeks I highlight other wives and share their words of wisdom with you.

This week’s wife is Mrs. Angela Nazworth from Becoming Me. I met Angela through The Ultimate Blog Party last year and have been a faithful reader ever since. She writes honest, heartwarming, inspiring posts that leave you spiritually filled and comforted.

Here’s Mrs. Naz’s Wives’ Words:



Name: Angela
Husband’s Name: Napp
Years married: 9 going on 10 in August
Children (ages): Two children, a 5 year old daughter and a 2 year old son
Occupation: Freelance copy editor and writer
Blog/website: Becoming Me (husband’s learningaboutpolitics.blogspot.com)

What was your biggest fear about getting married? Did it come true?
My biggest fear was that my husband would one day abandon me. No, this did not come true. And now, I no longer have this fear. It was a fear never warranted by Napp's behavior, rather from my own personal baggage that I brought into the marriage. I learned that everyone comes with baggage. Some may carry it in a small carry-on bag and others in a massive trunk ... but we all have it.

What’s the best thing about having a husband?
This may seem overly simplistic, but for me the best part of being married is having a partner through life. Through each trial, challenge, and joyous occasion, I have someone sharing those experiences with me … helping me, needing me, loving me, laughing with me, praying with me. I love not having to go it alone.

What’s the most challenging thing about being married?
Ironically, as much as I love the partnership aspect, I don't always enjoy having to compromise. I have a stubborn streak and tend to think I know best.

What words of wisdom would you like to share with other wives?
First off, love is more than a feeling, it is a choice. Romance is wonderful and it can be kept in a marriage but not 100% of the time, and that is OK. Love, true love, is choosing to be kind even when you are tired, and hurting. Love means choosing forgiveness over bitterness. Love means sacrifice. Love is not easy ... but nothing is more beautiful. I'd also like to advise that you not share the irritating traits of your husband with family members. Keep your arguments between you and your husband. You'll find that these things will be harder for your family to forget than it will be for you.



Thanks, Mrs. Naz.

You can read more of Mrs. Naz’s thoughts about marriage on an anniversary post from her site here.

How about you? Got some Wives’ Words? Wives everywhere want to know…

Winks & Smiles,

post signature

16 comments:

Angela Nazworth May 6, 2009 at 9:25 AM  

Thank you for featuring me. I hope my advice is helpful.

NikkiD May 6, 2009 at 10:03 AM  

Great interview! Love her comments on parntership, I agree - it the best part and yet the hardest part of being married. And I know why you like Angela so much - your husbands have the same name! ;)

Anonymous,  May 6, 2009 at 10:10 AM  

This is why I adore your blog. You always speak to where I am. Please please please keep this coming. These are such encouraging and honest interviews. Her advice is so timely..."Love, true love, is choosing to be kind even when you are tired, and hurting. Love means choosing forgiveness over bitterness." That's a mouthful.

Ronel May 6, 2009 at 10:28 AM  

What a great post... I love Angela's blog and I think her words about Love being a choice is so right on and has really changed my marriage.

Felicia - I complete Me May 6, 2009 at 10:54 AM  

I am really liking Wives Words. This was a great interview and I agree the best part of marriage is the partnership, and most challenging part is the partnership.

Anonymous,  May 6, 2009 at 12:00 PM  

I agree with the keeping of the arguments between just the 2 of you. Unless he's harming you, it's something that can be dealt with by the 2 adults immediately involved. When you start to get other's perspectives on it then it can get ugly and cloud the issue. Then everyone has an opinion and you can forget how YOU really feel about it. Great advice.

My best, Lynn

Shanny May 6, 2009 at 12:15 PM  

I loved Angela's words of wisdom!
It's so great to be able to read about other married couples and their advices =)

elizabeth embracing life May 6, 2009 at 1:34 PM  

It is always a blessing to hear the experiences and perspectives of others. Thanks for highlighting Angela, I too follow her.

3 Bay B Chicks May 6, 2009 at 4:27 PM  

What an utterly fantastic idea for a post series, Wifey. I adore it. I think Mrs. Naz's words, "love is more of a feeling, than a choice" resonated with me the most. It is so very true, isn't it?

Love that you are introducing us to different bloggers. Thanks, Wifey!

-Francesca

Mammatalk May 7, 2009 at 12:03 PM  

Lovely interview. Thanks for sharing.

Angie May 7, 2009 at 1:21 PM  

Good words here. I'm glad I popped over from Becoming Me. Great place!

Ms. Wanda May 7, 2009 at 2:08 PM  

I love that you feature couples:) It is always encouraging to see other couples together and happy!

Unknown May 7, 2009 at 9:07 PM  

Great way to get wisdom from other wives. Wonderful interview.

Kimberly May 8, 2009 at 10:20 AM  

Hi!
I am so glad you featured Angela. I love her blog, too! I love her tranpsarency and her sincere love for the Lord.

I look forward to coming back by to visit and see what you have to say. :)

Blessings,
K

Kathy B! May 8, 2009 at 12:22 PM  

Angela sounds wonderful! I'm looking forward to checking out her blog. Her answer to the second question was exactly how I feel, too. I love how simple and honest her answers were.

Heather of the EO May 17, 2009 at 9:05 PM  

VERY wise words, Angela!

I love that you added that you shouldn't talk to family members about frustrating qualities. That's something most people don't think to avoid. And it's very good advice.

Post a Comment

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions, products, event tickets, travel and other forms of compensation. The owner of this blog may be compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog may receive compensation for a post or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content that might present a conflict of interest.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP