Wives’ Words – Hanging with Mrs. Cooper

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I decided not to post my Weekly Q and A today – gasp!, don’t worry it’ll be back next week – so I could shine the spotlight on the debut of Wives’ Words. As much as I’d like to think that my opinion is the only one people want to read, I realize that’s not the case, ahem, so every two weeks I will highlight other wives and will share their words of wisdom with you.

First up is Mrs. C from Hanging with Mrs. Cooper. One of my favorite reads, I can always count on Mrs. Cooper to dish about something exciting, informative or just downright funny.

Here’s Mrs. C’s Wives’ Words:



Name: Angela
Husband’s name: Rick
Years married: 14 going on 15 in July
Children (ages): Three children ages 13, 11 and 9
Occupation: Event Planner
Blog/website: Hanging with Mrs. Cooper

What was your biggest fear about getting married? Did it come true?
I feared that this wonderful man who I thought the world of was going to do a 360 on me and change. But fortunately that did not happen. He remained the same compassionate and caring person who he has always been.

What’s the best thing about having a husband?
The best thing is that he's my best friend. I tell him everything first whether it's good or bad. We don't have family here in Massachusetts; it's just us and our children. So I feel like we have to fight harder to make it work. He makes life so easy for me. Once my husband became a father I felt like I watched he and I truly grow up. I see an even softer side of him and we truly adore him but love to run him nuts, too. He loves it.

What’s the most challenging thing about being married?
Besides the usual stresses of finances and toting the kids here and there I would say it's really making sure we understand each other's point of view. Sometimes we disagree and it's up to us to figure out a solution to the problem. Challenges can be healthy as it makes us grow stronger with each other.

How has your sex life changed since becoming a wife and what do you do to keep it thriving?
Hahahahaha, here's the quick answer, KIDS! :) I think with what we do all day between work, cooking, cleaning, laundry, homework, etc, at the end of the day we are just exhausted. We don't actually schedule dates for each other but we do kind of flirt with each other and wherever it leads is wherever it leads. Sometimes it leads to cuddling and sometimes it leads to me making a phone call and telling him to come home for lunch. We actually find that quiet exciting and it's almost makes us feel sneaky but it's fun. Actually, the kids love to see us sitting together on the sofa, or dancing together to one of our favorite tunes or even Rick walking passed me and pinching my butt. I think it's healthy for our children to see us interact with each other in that way. It gives them security in knowing that all is well.

What do you wish someone would have warned you about being married?
I think that question would be more for my husband LOL. I wish that they would have told me that it's not going to always be easy. There's not always going to be romance and you have to fight to make it work. You have to stick together and not let anyone or anything come between what you are trying to build.

What words of wisdom would you like to share with other wives?
Communication - it's the key to a successful marriage. I think if you and he come out and say what's on your minds it's easier than holding it in. This comes with time and trust in one another. If you know something upsets the other, then don't do it. Don't walk into a marriage thinking you can change a person. This person is who she or he is. You can make sacrifices however, to make situations fall right into place. Don't go to bed angry. Whatever the situation is, end it before today is out and start tomorrow new. It takes a while to learn this one, but in time you can do it.



Thanks, Mrs. C.

How about you? Got some Wives' Words? Wives everywhere want to know...

Winks & Smiles,

post signature

33 comments:

The Broke Socialite April 22, 2009 at 10:52 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Broke Socialite April 22, 2009 at 10:54 PM  

How'd that happen?! Was trying to say that I think this is a FAB feature...can't wait for more.

Sandra Winn April 23, 2009 at 8:07 AM  

What a wonderful interview, way to go Angela and Rick! My grandparents have been married for 63 years; to this day my grandfather pinches my grandma's butt. LOL, what's cute about that is she wiggles it in front of him and then when he goes in for the kill she acts like she swats at him and plays hard to get. :-)

Anonymous,  April 23, 2009 at 8:24 AM  

Love, love, love Sandy's grandparents. See, that's what keeps things going. Like my grandmother says, just cause your old, doesn't make you cold.

Thank you so much for featuring me. Woohooo, I've been featured. Gonna go post it on my site tonight.

MBB Founder and Editor Denene Millner April 23, 2009 at 8:39 AM  

Wbat a lovely, lovely feature! Y'all better work it out and be in love and raise those kids and show folks that love's the place to be... so proud of you guys!

Jenn@ The Crazies April 23, 2009 at 8:42 AM  

What a awesome feature!! Love learning more about you & hubby!

Ms. Wanda April 23, 2009 at 8:53 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ms. Wanda April 23, 2009 at 8:54 AM  

Wow Mr & Mrs C ya'll are still hot!!! Thanks Wifey for posting this story:) Marriage is tuff I won't deny that and we work on it day to day! I'm pushing 12 years this June and man.......That's all can say:)

Bahiyah S. April 23, 2009 at 9:08 AM  

Marriage is a beautiful,loving relationship that at times needs work. I love being a wife! Great interview. We are going on 15 yrs in June.

t April 23, 2009 at 9:39 AM  

I love the pictures...and you are fabulous. I'm so inspired by you. I loved marriage and miss it (not him). The fact that you work at it is so wonderful.

:)

Unknown April 23, 2009 at 10:10 AM  

I wish someone would have taught me how to "communicate". Actually knowing how and doing it are very different things.

Helene April 23, 2009 at 11:48 AM  

I love Angela's outlook on marriage! I also wish someone had told me how much work went into a marriage. It's not always fun and games...it can be work sometimes. But well worth it!!

Love the wedding picture!!!!

Mrs Zeee April 23, 2009 at 12:01 PM  

Yes, communication is key!! My husband taught me that by example -- that's how I knew he was the one!

Anonymous,  April 23, 2009 at 1:12 PM  

Thank you all for your wonderful words. I have to say 15 years have gone by so quick and you don't realize it until you actually start reminiscing. I think the sexiest thing on him is his wedding band and the gray hairs coming into his beard. I met him on Christmas night 92 and I've always said he was my Christmas gift. What a gift to get on the day Jesus was born. So he's definately my blessing.

You all keep working at it. Life changes, but love can always grow stronger and better. You just have to change with each other.

Kathy B! April 23, 2009 at 1:31 PM  

This was such a wonderful feature. Mrs. Cooper (and her thoughts and attitude) are refreshing and inspirational.

Felicia - I complete Me April 23, 2009 at 2:26 PM  

This is wonderful! I love this feature because it gives others a chance to hear from other married couples. I love it. I love Mrs. C, You guys are so cute.

Leslie April 23, 2009 at 3:37 PM  

Thanks for the interview. I love Mrs. Cooper. She's always giving great advice. And after all this time of reading her blog... it was nice to see Mr. Cooper too! What a cute couple they make!

Liz Wilkey (a.k.a. A Mom on Spin) April 23, 2009 at 5:27 PM  

She is one good person to hang with. . . that Mrs. Cooper!

Mel,  April 23, 2009 at 5:30 PM  

This was great, thanks for sharin. I love reading about other people's stories. Either I can relate or I learn something I can benefit from.....thanks :)

Stesha April 23, 2009 at 5:33 PM  

Good advice Mrs.Cooper. Love your wedding photo.

Hugs and Mocha,
Stesha

Shanny April 23, 2009 at 6:09 PM  

Oh my God, this is great I love it!
Mrs. Cooper is too cute =)
I agree with her communication advise, very wise woman!!!!

Anonymous,  April 23, 2009 at 7:08 PM  

You all are so totally making my day. Lorraine, Thank You again for featuring me. I so totally enjoyed this. Thank you all for your kind words. My husband and I are truly loving these comments. Yes, I have Mr. Cooper reading this.

Unknown April 23, 2009 at 8:12 PM  

You're so welcome, Mrs. C! Thank you and thanks everyone for your thoughtful comments. Looking forward to posting the next one - smiles!

Anonymous,  April 24, 2009 at 12:38 PM  

Wifey this was an absolutely beautiful, necessary, informative, and encouraging blog. More often than not, we young women, or not even that we in young marriages need wisdom and encouragement that marriage does work and is worth it! Most of us have not seen healthy marriage modeled before us. Its like being a first time mom, you learn on the job. I ain't been nobody's wife before, it takes time to figure this thing out! Thank thank thank and keep it coming. This is a wonderful idea. God continue to bless the Coopers.

LeNesha April 24, 2009 at 6:35 PM  

Thank you Mrs. Cooper and Lorraine for sharing real life marriage. Having been married for 2.5 years, it's great to take a peak into the lives of couples who have been married for many years and get practical insight and tips.

Being very independent prior to marriage, I had a huge adjustment to make when I had to seriously share my life, decisions, a home, etc with my husband. Communication was KEY in making a successful transition.

Stacy Uncorked April 24, 2009 at 7:17 PM  

I love Angela and her positive attitude and outlook on marriage (hers in particular) always brings a smile to my face... She is definitely an inspiration. Communication is absolutely the key to any 'successful' marriage - that's something hubby and I had to learn...that and what buttons 'not' to push... ;)

Banteringblonde April 25, 2009 at 4:48 AM  

Mrs C is a class act! I love this lady, fantastic interview!

Dorkys Ramos April 26, 2009 at 4:12 PM  

What a wonderful interview/spotlight! I'm nowhere near getting married yet, but it's so nice to hear about positive relationships these days. Great tips!

Unknown April 27, 2009 at 2:28 PM  

Great feature. I love the new and old flicks. And this is a wonderful interview.

joanofalltrades April 28, 2009 at 11:23 AM  

Gotta love Mrs. C! Great advice from a great lady! Your 15 years is an inspiration to us all. Keep love alive!

Unknown April 29, 2009 at 6:49 AM  

Um, Joan...why did you steal my words? I was just about to write "Gotta love Mrs. C" and I look up! Dang it! Screw it...I'm saying it anyway...GOTTA LOVE MRS. C!!

Anonymous,  May 4, 2009 at 1:18 AM  

This was a great read. Love your words of wisdom straight from the trenches. It's hard and not everyone respects the marriage arrangement. It's truly beautiful to read about a couple that takes the responsibility to each other and their children seriously and accomplishes great things with it. Keep up the good work everybody!

My best, Lynn

Post a Comment

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions, products, event tickets, travel and other forms of compensation. The owner of this blog may be compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog may receive compensation for a post or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content that might present a conflict of interest.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP