Tyra, Tiana and the Perfect Tea Party

Monday, November 23, 2009

Wifey Travels

When I opened my e-mail a week ago and saw the invite from the fabulous folks at Walt Disney World asking if my little princess, Milan, and I were available to attend an exclusive Tea Party celebrating the release of the upcoming movie, The Princess and The Frog, I had to read it twice. The first time I was so excited at the thought of bringing Milan with me for this wonderful experience that I missed an important part of the e-mail: the tea party will be featured on The Tyra Show celebrating Princess Tiana, Disney’s first African American Princess. I quickly responded yes. These two princesses would be honored to hang with Tyra and Tiana at their perfect little tea party.

Having just been to Disney for their African American Mom Blogger Mixer, I knew that my friends there would take great care of me and Milan. Disney doesn’t just do things; they do things big – really BIG. They flew us in this past Thursday night so that we would be comfortable and rested for the tea party on Friday.


Milan and I at the Atlanta Airport ready for our first mother-daughter trip


Two princesses playing on the plane

I was super excited to learn that we were staying at The Grand Floridian Resort & Spa – it's Walt Disney World Resort's flagship hotel and when I tell you it’s fabulous, trust me, you feel like a princess there.


Milan, and her doll, in the lobby at the Grand Floridian


A special surprise our Disnesy friends left for Milan


The beds in our room were super cozy


Need I say the flat screen stayed on Milan's favorite channel - Disney


The view of one of the pools from our patio

The tea party taping wasn’t until Friday evening so Milan and I had all day to play in the parks. Her choice, Magic Kingdom, of course. This princess had other princesses to find.


Standing with Snow White


Hanging out in Ariel's Grotto


Chillin' with Aladdin and Jasmine


She even found her own Fairy Godmother

Milan is also a thrill-seeker so we had to ride some rides, too!


Having a blast on Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin


Gasp! Someone let her drive at the Tomorrowland Speedway

Mid-afternoon we headed back to the resort to get princess-beautiful for the big event. On our way to the tea party we met up with Leigh from Theme Park Mom  and Stefanie from Mommy Musings and their little princesses.


Milan and her new pals - notice the princess wave

The party took place in Magic Kingdom outside at the beautiful Swan Boat Landing, near Cinderella’s Castle. Upon arrival the little princesses were given Princess Tiana tiaras and t-shirts. We mommy princesses received tiaras, too.


Cinderella's Castle - breathtaking!


The princesses have arrived

Approximately, 15 moms and princesses had a fairytale evening filled with yummy treats, dancing, and exciting surprises. One of the highlights for my little princess was Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen, of course. They hosted this lovely event and were absolutely phenomenal with all the girls. Everyone was also thrilled when Tyra made her surprise, grand entrance and announced that she is treating us to see the movie when it opens nationwide on December 11.


Um, Yum!


Swirling & twirling


Princess Milan, Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen


Tiana & Tyra


All the princesses and the royal couple

It was a wonderful adventure, and I’m so thankful that I had this opportunity to share with my daughter. I’m also excited that I can share it with you, too. This Wednesday, November 25, scenes from the tea party will be a part of The Tyra Show celebrating Princess Tiana’s debut. The show airs at 4 p.m. on CW69 in Atlanta, check here for details in your area.

Winks & Smiles,
post signature






 A special thanks and hugs to Laura Spencer and the wonderful folks at Disney for providing us with awesome opportunity. And, a big thanks to Leigh for sharing some of her fabulous pictures.

24 comments:

Feuza November 23, 2009 at 11:00 AM  

that dessert table, how fun! yummy, we have our Disney piggy bank fund to go back next year, great times

NikkiD November 23, 2009 at 11:02 AM  

So happy for Princess Lani - and her Mommy! What a great Mother-Daughter memory this trip will be for her! :)

joanofalltrades November 23, 2009 at 11:10 AM  

WOW!!!!!!!! I know Milan is still on cloud 9. She's gotta be like the coolest kid in her class now. It looks like yall had a blast! HOw was Tyra in person? Hmmm....I'll be watching on Wednesday.

Anonymous,  November 23, 2009 at 11:21 AM  

Girl I just set my DVR to tape the show all this week just in case........you and Milan looked like you had a blast. What a wonderful experience she will never forget. You earned waaaaayyyy to many Mom points on that one LOL.

MrsDeveter November 23, 2009 at 11:41 AM  

This is Awesome! I am so in love with Disney again! I'm so excited that Miss Milan had this experience and that it was your first Mother Daughter trip! What a wonderful time it looks like you all had! Yay Disney!

Anonymous,  November 23, 2009 at 11:56 AM  

Great experiences were had this looks like. I love how you took us through the trip through your pics. Times like that, make us moms wish our little girls stay little and never grow up.

My best, Lynn

Eyeglasses & Endzones November 23, 2009 at 1:08 PM  

How exciting! I love that you both had a mother daughter trip! You are both just beautiful and the whole event looks awesome!!! ;)

The Broke Socialite November 23, 2009 at 1:59 PM  

Oh, how lovely! I'm so glad that y'all were given the opportunity to share in this event. What a very special mom/daughter experience that I'm sure you'll both treasure always.

La'Tonya Richardson November 23, 2009 at 2:35 PM  

It looks like a wonderful time was had by all! It looks like Milan had a great time. What little girl wouldn't!

MsTypo November 23, 2009 at 3:00 PM  

Where do i sign up for your life? :p I think it's great that you and your daughter were able to have this great mummy/daughter moment. :) And on TV! Woo woo! :)

Mammatalk November 23, 2009 at 7:53 PM  

Green with envy over here! Congrats. It is well deserved.

Armywife101 November 23, 2009 at 10:23 PM  

Awesome just Awesome! I love Disney and I enjoyed reading about your awesome adventure their. Can't wait to see ya on Tyra!

Mozi Esme November 24, 2009 at 1:25 AM  

wow! you get to do all the cool stuff!

The Rambler November 24, 2009 at 3:30 AM  

Wifey...how awesome!!

I'm sure your little one will remember this one for a long time! :)

And I don't know why but your posts don't show up in my feeder.

Sorry for the absence.

But hope you and yours have a great Thanksgiving :)

Anonymous,  November 24, 2009 at 3:51 AM  

What a lucky pair you two are, and such an incredible experience it must have been! To meet Tyra Banks! *sigh* I'm jealous! Glad to see you had such a great time and most importantly that your little princess did!

Shanny November 24, 2009 at 6:07 PM  

Wow, this is soooo cool!!!
And its absolutely awesome for your little princess =)
I'll try to catch the show!

Nikki November 27, 2009 at 9:08 AM  

How wonderful that you can share such a special moment with your daughter. She'll remember it for a lifetime. BTW, I see you having fun ;)

Mocha Dad November 27, 2009 at 4:09 PM  

My wife and daughter can't wait to see this movie.

Anonymous,  November 28, 2009 at 7:55 PM  

What an amazing trip! Disney sure knows how to do things right! Congratulations - and so glad you had an awesome visit.

funkidivagirl November 30, 2009 at 12:47 PM  

Oooo...looks fun and fabulous! So glad that you both had a great time!

NON-Superwoman December 1, 2009 at 1:02 AM  

Can I go on the next mother-daughter trip? Looks like loads of fun :-)

kanishk December 4, 2009 at 5:59 AM  

What a great Mother-Daughter memory this trip will be for her!

Work From Home India

Wenni Donna April 12, 2018 at 6:56 AM  

Tea parties are my daughter’s favorite too. We attended a wedding last month in one of the wedding venues which was further continued by my daughter as she invited all the kids at the wedding to her place for the tea party. It was a wonderful night.

Post a Comment

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions, products, event tickets, travel and other forms of compensation. The owner of this blog may be compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog may receive compensation for a post or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content that might present a conflict of interest.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP