Back on Track

Monday, November 9, 2009

A Sneak Peek Inside Wifey’s House

They say, "you are what you eat" No wonder I’m so cheesy (insert laughter here).

Seriously though, for me, I feel like what I eat. When I eat good healthy foods I feel good, energetic and healthy. When I eat crap, I feel like … crap.

So if it’s that simple, why do I do that to myself? I like most people have moments of weaknesses when my wants (chocolate, pasta, beer, did I say chocolate?) win over my needs (lean protein, healthy grains, green veggies). Fortunately, since I began embracing a healthy lifestyle – working out and eating better – those moments of weakness don’t last as long. My body rejects too much crap which keeps me on the correct path.

Times to come clean … my wants have been kicking my needs ass winning over my needs. I’m excited to say that I’ve had enough chocolate (no, there’s really no such thing as enough chocolate, but it sounds good) and I’m ready to get back on a healthier track.

For the next two days this is my life …




Yup, I’m detoxing. Cleaning out my system – and my mind – with a two-day detox program that will still provide me with the essential minerals and vitamins I need each day. After that I’ll stay on course with a new workout program and better food choices. The holidays are coming. I need energy – and extra room in my jeans – to enjoy the most wonderful time of the year.

How about you? Are your wants beating up your needs? How do you get yourself on a positive healthy track? Healthy wives want to know …


Winks & Smiles,
post signature

10 comments:

MsTypo November 9, 2009 at 9:32 AM  

Although i'm a dedicated junk food addict i know i feel better when i eat lots of fresh fruits and veggies. A salad goes a long way toward lifting my spirits when i'm down. Why aren't cheesies a food group?!

I'd be really interested to hear about your detox as you do it. I've read about them but never actually done one or known someone who has.

Such The Spot November 9, 2009 at 9:42 AM  

You are a brave woman. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the experience...

Stesha November 9, 2009 at 10:15 AM  

Please keep us posted on the detox. I've always wanted to try one, but never had the courage.

Hugs and Mocha,
Stesha

Jennifer November 9, 2009 at 10:55 AM  

Man! Good luck! Sound like fun after eating all of that pizza in NYC... JEALOUS!! I've never been... Hopefully next year!!

MOMSWEB November 9, 2009 at 12:29 PM  

I reached my 40s and realized my body will only be as good to me as I have been to it. I'm snacking on blueberries and oatmeal raisin cookies. I also have some brownies nearby, but their call is very subtle.
Good for you, Wifey. Pray for stick to it power. You can do it with God's help!

La'Tonya Richardson November 9, 2009 at 1:33 PM  

A week and a half ago, I had my very first Colenoscopy. I had to do a two day detox of the worst kind. After that, I am closer to my goal weight. I guess it wasn't soooo bad after all. LOL

Jen @ After The Alter November 9, 2009 at 4:07 PM  

Its so hard to stay on track! I have a heck of a time...I did so so good before my wedding...I had an end goal so I did well..but now I'm back to my old ways and my stomach pays. I hate feeling crappy when I eat bad...a friend of mine told me...nothing tastes as good as skinny feels...and it's right. I felt so much better around wedding time!!! but I love my fatty food too!!!

Ms. Wanda November 9, 2009 at 7:38 PM  

I am so going to try this Wifey!

Shanny November 9, 2009 at 10:12 PM  

Good luck...I'm too weak to even pretend that I'll try lol

kanishk November 12, 2009 at 8:38 AM  

You are a brave woman. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the experience... Work from home India

Post a Comment

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions, products, event tickets, travel and other forms of compensation. The owner of this blog may be compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog may receive compensation for a post or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content that might present a conflict of interest.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP