Two-Day Detox, Done!

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Wifey’s Weekly Q and A

Dear Wifey,

A detox? Really? What kind? Why? How do you feel? Would you do it again?

That’s just a sample of the questions that I’ve been asked over the past two days about my recent detox, so, I figured I’d answer them in today’s Q and A.

Yes, really, this past Monday and Tuesday I did Arden’s Garden Two-Day Detox. For two days, every hour I drank their mixture of grapefruit juice, orange juice, lemon juice and distilled water. I also had distilled water as desired. You can read more about the detox here. (No, Arden’s Garden did not sponsor this, but hmm lightbulbs are going off.)

Why? Because I needed a change. I’ve been dipping way too much into the cookie jar and was starting to feel really unhealthy. I liked the idea of a harsh, but controlled, change in my behavior that could rejuvenate my system, physically and mentally, and get me back on track. The 9 pounds I lost doing this didn’t hurt either.

Gasp!

Yes, I lost 9 pounds, but don’t be deceived. As soon as I resume eating at least half of that will come back – quickly. It is nice to see the scale moving in a positive direction even though I'm not a big fan of the scale because numbers fluctuate so much. I like to focus on how I feel, how I look and how my clothes fit.

How do I feel? Great! During the detox I had moments of hunger but drinking the juice so frequently really kept me full. I functioned better during the first half of the day, pretty much like normal, but by 3 p.m. my energy and focus were low. Some might say I got a bit silly, ahem. I had planned on attending tennis practice Monday night but quickly reconsidered by the time 7 p.m. rolled around. Two days was perfect for me. I believe in eating and wouldn’t want to go much longer without food.

Would I do it again? Sure. It’s not something I would do often, that’s not the purpose, but I had a positive experience and I’m motivated to resume my healthy habits. If you’re thinking about doing a detox make sure that you do plenty of research, follow the instructions and of course get your doctor’s approval first.

How about you? Any detoxers out there? What do you do to stay on track? Healthy wives want to know…

Winks & Smiles,

post signature

11 comments:

Anonymous,  November 11, 2009 at 9:47 AM  

My hat is off to you. Now get back to eating.

MOMSWEB November 11, 2009 at 10:10 AM  

I fast on a periodic basis - whether for spiritual or physical reasons...it does the body good!

MsTypo November 11, 2009 at 10:50 AM  

Glad to hear the detox worked for you. I'm not sure i could manage not to not eat for two whole days. *eek*

Ms. Wanda November 11, 2009 at 11:02 AM  

As soon as I move into my new digs, I'm gonna try this and hopefully I won't loose my mind:)
You looked good yesterday, by the way!
Thanks Wifey for the box's I have used them all:)

Nancy November 11, 2009 at 11:28 AM  

I actually did the much-talked-about lemonade cleanse! For 10 whole days. No food. Only lemonade and the dreaded saltwater flush. But I lost 10 pounds and was not hungry at all. Just kept drinking. And you know what I enjoyed most? That I didn't have to think about food at all. No measuring, no counting calories or points, no "what should I eat tonight?". Just lemonade. After I resumed eating I gained back around 3 pounds. I have since gained more because I went back to overindulging, but had I just resumed healthy eating habits I'm confident that 7 would have stayed off.

Good for you! Two days sounds a heck of a lot easier than 10!

Funkidivagirl November 11, 2009 at 2:19 PM  

I really want to try this, I really really do. But I think that I would have to schedule my life such that I wouldn't have many obligations (running around) and be near a bathroom at all times! And I couldn't exercise and would have to go to bed early. Also, I don't do well without food; I don't get hungry, but my blood sugar gets low and I get crazy. But I think I should be okay for 2 days...I like that it is only 2 days. Like you, I have let unhealthy eating habits creep back into my life.

kanishk November 12, 2009 at 8:37 AM  

Glad to hear the detox worked for you. I'm not sure i could manage not to not eat for two whole days. Work from home India

joanofalltrades November 13, 2009 at 12:07 AM  

Sounds interesting, but can you see me going 2 days without food--pregnant or not? Ha! I'm happy it worked out for you.

Anonymous,  February 26, 2010 at 7:26 PM  

my friend did it for two days,she ate vegitables only the next couple of days with no caffene,took sauna baths and her skin glowed. I am going to do it this weekend, go me!!!!

Anonymous,  July 28, 2013 at 2:59 PM  

Do you have to drink distilled water or can you drink regular bottled water. I did the 2-day detox and feel great.

Cathey Stuart December 27, 2017 at 12:09 AM  

Thanks for the info and review! Makes it a little easier for us to have an idea about the same!
Sharing a great article about the same!
http://detoxdiet101.com/all-you-need-to-know-about-ardens-garden-detox/

Post a Comment

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions, products, event tickets, travel and other forms of compensation. The owner of this blog may be compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog may receive compensation for a post or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content that might present a conflict of interest.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP