There's a New Princess in Town

Monday, November 2, 2009

When the good folks at Walt Disney World invited me to come spend a few days at the most magical place on earth I quickly accepted their offer - Minnie Mouse and I have had a thing going on since I was 2. I knew Disney did things really big so I wasn’t surprised when they flew me down in style and put me up at the amazing Animal Kingdom Lodge in the Jambo House. I stayed in the Kudo Trail Guest Rooms and woke up every morning to wildlife right outside my window.


My room ...


Inside the intricately decorated resort ...


The view from my patio - look close there's a giraffe in the center behind a tree and a few elands.

When they picked me up last Monday morning for the parade and arrival of Disney’s newest princess I assured them that they did not have to go through all that fuss for me. Surely, no media would turn out for my arrival. Well, the media and a park full of people did gather at Cinderella’s castle to witness this historic event, except it wasn’t for me, ahem, it was for the beautiful Princess Tiana, Disney’s first African American princess and the star of the new movie The Princess and the Frog in theatres nationwide December 11.



All the princesses, Mickey and the entire crew were on hand for Princess Tiana’s grand entrance. After the parade, Princess Tiana, Prince Naveen and other characters from the movie launched “Tiana’s Showboat Jubilee!” a jazz-filled Mardi Gras themed experience running through January 3, 2010. Not only is this newest attraction a treat to see, but to do, too! Each show, 30 park guest are chosen at random to participate in this fun-filled adventure. The singing and dancing was awesome and has me jonesing to see the movie.


Princess Tiana makes her grand entrance ...


Tiana's Showboat Jubilee!


Princess Tiana and friends put on a great show.

My princess experience didn’t stop there. I also had the opportunity to meet Princess Tiana and her charming Prince Naveen. They were extremely gracious – and he was a doll, just as suave as could be.


Royalty at its finest.

After leaving Disney’s newest royal couple I ran into a few other little princesses in the park.



Aren’t they just adorable? They each received the new Princess Tiana makeover at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique in Magic Kingdom. While I seriously debated hopping in one of the salon chairs to get my pixie-dust makeover, I decided not to embarrass my family and bring my own little princess next time we’re at the park. She would so LOVE all of this princess fuss and I must admit … so did I!

Winks & Smiles,

post signature

11 comments:

Unknown November 2, 2009 at 9:26 AM  

Sounds like a wonderful trip and the Princess is beautiful!

La'Tonya Richardson November 2, 2009 at 12:39 PM  

It looks like you had a great time! My 10-year-old is looking forward to the movie, and so am I.

Radical Selfie November 2, 2009 at 1:20 PM  

I see you had a great trip! Thanks for sharing. The little princesses are just gorgeous!

MsTypo November 2, 2009 at 4:11 PM  

It looks like you had a blast! I love Princess Tiana's dress. Very cute. :)

Shanny November 2, 2009 at 8:08 PM  

I want a Princes Tiana makeover too =(
They look adorable!

Anonymous,  November 2, 2009 at 9:50 PM  

It's about time. We don't have tv so I am so out of the loop on this. I tell my daughter every day she is a little mocha princess so now she will get to see someone her hue on the big screen besides Jasmine from Aladdin! That looked like an awesome trip.

My best, Lynn

Anonymous,  November 3, 2009 at 4:38 PM  

I love all things Disney and I just can't wait to take my little princess to the Boutique. They didn't have that when I was a little girl. I want a princess makeover too! Haha. Looks like an amazing time!

Such The Spot November 3, 2009 at 9:15 PM  

It really was an exciting event wasn't it? I totally agree that Naveen was a doll. But I have to disagree with just one thing. You *so* wouldn't have embarrassed your family - even grown ups get to be kids at WDW!

Justice Fergie November 4, 2009 at 5:04 PM  

What fun! Looks like you had a great time. Looking forward to bringing my little princesses to see Tiana!!

Mocha Dad November 6, 2009 at 6:17 PM  

My wife and daughter can't wait to see this movie.

Post a Comment

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions, products, event tickets, travel and other forms of compensation. The owner of this blog may be compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog may receive compensation for a post or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content that might present a conflict of interest.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP