Don’t Sleep on Sunrise Service

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A sneak peek inside Wifey’s House

When Husband told me he wanted to attend sunrise service this Easter I was pleased – it’s such a beautiful affair – but dreaded the thought of getting everyone up, dressed and out the door, meltdown free, for 6 a.m. service. It didn’t help that my neighbor had a get-together the night before and the kids didn’t reach their beds until 11 p.m.

I know. (insert disapproving headshake here).

To my surprise both kids and Husband popped up smiling, ready for the candlelight service and the shrimp and grits breakfast that followed. Feeling relieved that my worst fears of bringing sleep-deprived children to church at the crack of dawn on the holiest day of the year didn’t come true, I settled into the pew – ready to hear the good word and say a few amen’s – so I’m sure you can imagine how horrified I felt when midway through the sermon I looked over at my kids and saw this …



Gasp!

Then this …



Gasp! Gasp!

Yes, both of my children were knocked out, sleepin’ in sunrise service. I didn’t know whether to laugh, cry or sneak out of the pew so I did what any respectable mother would do – I took pictures of them.

How about you? Have your children ever fallen asleep during an inappropriate time? What did you do? Mortified mamas want to know …

Winks & Smiles,

post signature

14 comments:

NYCity Mama April 14, 2009 at 9:18 AM  

Not yet, but my kids are still young...there's plenty of time for humiliation. Too cute!

Unknown April 14, 2009 at 9:28 AM  

It's called a sugar coma! Actually...it's very normal to fall asleep in church...even I do it sometimes!

The Broke Socialite April 14, 2009 at 10:34 AM  

Bwahahahaahah...our kid is 16 and falls asleep in moving cars. And folk wonder why we don't quite trust him with a vehicle!

Tamara April 14, 2009 at 11:32 AM  

I used to sleep in church all the time as a kid.

Anonymous,  April 14, 2009 at 12:23 PM  

Well, I didn't take their pictures with a cell phone. (But, only because I didn't have one.)

Seriously, I slept on my mom's lap through church all the time. My husband can barely keep his eyes open now and even I have my moments. Gum, candy, pinching...

Felicia - I complete Me April 14, 2009 at 2:06 PM  

Wow! This is great! I have pics of my friends kids sleeping in church as well.

Shanny April 14, 2009 at 8:33 PM  

Um, at various points in my life I mortified my mom by doing the same thing to her... oops! But I prayed in my sleep. I did. Really... =)

Liz Wilkey (a.k.a. A Mom on Spin) April 14, 2009 at 9:08 PM  

Hell. . .I think my pastor even fell asleep in church once!!!!

Unknown April 14, 2009 at 9:46 PM  

I love it! Thanks for letting me know I'm not alone. I'm sure my children were praying in their sleep, too! Smiles.

MoodyMommy April 15, 2009 at 2:44 AM  

Good Morning!! It is 5am and I an #50..isn't that neat!!

Please come by my BLOG today!! I have something REALLY COOL happening!!

Thanks!!

~ Lisa @ AbidingThere~ April 16, 2009 at 7:29 AM  

This cracks me up - not because they fell asleep, but because you were taking pictures of them during the service!!! I would SO be trying to figure out how I could take some sneaky pictures without getting caught :)

Mel,  April 16, 2009 at 1:49 PM  

Well when we were kids we pulled this and got in big trouble.....but when Jenaeya did it years ago my mother said "that's ok, she was in the house of the lord having angelic dreams"......OK, can you believe that!?! Which just reinforces my theory that when my girls were born both my parents were abducted by aliens and replaced with STRANGERS!!!

MOMSWEB April 17, 2009 at 10:25 PM  

I don't have to do anything because my husband pops them upside their heads (lol). At 11 and 13, they know better. Papa don't play!

CG April 18, 2009 at 7:45 AM  

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Post a Comment

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions, products, event tickets, travel and other forms of compensation. The owner of this blog may be compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog may receive compensation for a post or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content that might present a conflict of interest.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP