The Stress Factor

Monday, September 6, 2010

I must be hearing things. That’s what I thought when I heard the doctor tell me on Friday she thinks I have a stress fracture in my left foot.

Gasp!

Um, doesn’t she realize I have a marathon to run in 54 days?

Immediately the stress factor kicked in.

A week ago at the end of my 18 mile run I felt a dull twinge on the top of my foot. I didn’t think much of it. Hell, I just ran 18 miles, something is bound to twinge. During the week, I felt it more and more; and tried not to notice the swelling. By Friday, my sensible side kicked in – Husband told me to take my ass go to the doctor – so I did. She looked, touched and X-rayed my foot and told me she thinks it’s a stress fracture but wants the radiologist to confirm on Tuesday.

So I wait, impatiently, for Tuesday. I also have googled every form of stress fracture and painfully discovered this could take me out of the game for 6-8 weeks.

Double Gasp!

That would knockout my marathon and my entire fall tennis season.

Seriously?

I’m not trying to be dramatic, I know things could be much worse, but DAMN!

The culprit and my foot’s new favorite ice bag

You know I don’t know how to sit still, what in the world am I going to do for 6-8 weeks? Hmm, sounds like its time to start thinking up some good arm and ab workouts.

Winks & Smiles,
post signature

11 comments:

The Broke Socialite September 6, 2010 at 8:59 AM  

At least you have a foot...*again..I laughed. Not at the footless, though. At myself. And you.*

kat September 6, 2010 at 8:59 AM  

So sorry to hear that, my fingers and toes are crossed for you.

Unknown September 6, 2010 at 9:16 AM  

Aw, I hope you get good news. Being injured sucks!

Unknown September 6, 2010 at 10:57 AM  

Thanks, Ladies! Trying to stay positive, maybe tomorrow they'll be a miracle. Smiles!

Shay Shay September 6, 2010 at 12:06 PM  

I'm not claiming a stress fracture or you being out for 6 weeks, LoLo! Rest and hang in there! Ah, and your polish is mightly close to matching your ice bag. :-)

Shanny September 6, 2010 at 2:24 PM  

Oh, I'm sorry wifey, I hope the radiologist has some good news for you!

Kerrie September 6, 2010 at 10:58 PM  

Not good news. I so feel for you -- my shin fracture happened a few weeks before my marathon. What a complete bummer. You sound really positive, though. You have a great attitude! I'm not sure what you can do with a foot fracture, but I hit the elliptical and the bike. I was supposed to do pool running, but eh. Sounded boring. I did some deep water aerobics, though, and that was fun. You might be able to do that.

On an up-note: That toenail polish is fab!

PS: Thanks for stopping by my blog even though I've been a bad blog commenter lately. Made me smile to see a comment from you. :D

Anonymous,  September 7, 2010 at 12:45 PM  

Oh man, sending good vibes & hoping for some good news for you xo

Banteringblonde September 8, 2010 at 1:19 AM  

UH HEYYYYYUL no, she wrong, she wrong - did you look real close at her degree? OH EM GEE no, girl, you are hopping on one foot in that marathon or I'll be pushing your wheel chair. NO way we are getting this close... that's all I'm sayin'

Banteringblonde September 8, 2010 at 1:21 AM  

p.s. your toes aren't blue, just the nails - blame the smurfs.

p.p.s. start workin' on that wheel chair sponsor. it's. on.

jennyonthespot September 8, 2010 at 2:18 PM  

Oh sister! Oh sister! I feel your pain... literally. I had an achilles issue happen 3 weeks before my marathon.

And I still ran. Good physical therapy peeps helped a lot. And don't trust Dr. Google, yo!

Post a Comment

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions, products, event tickets, travel and other forms of compensation. The owner of this blog may be compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog may receive compensation for a post or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content that might present a conflict of interest.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP