Wifey's Twins

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A Sneak Peek Inside Wifey’s House

I’ve got two new babies!


My new twins

As much as I paid for them they feel like new babies. OK, I’m being a tad dramatic, I’m what some might call a little cheap frugal, but this is the most I’ve ever paid for sneakers. I usually search the clearance section, but everyone I’ve spoken to about running insisted that I get fitted for and buy good running shoes.

So I listened. I went to Big Peach Running Co., had my feet analyzed, hopped on their treadmill for a quick run and listened to the very knowledgeable sales guy as he found me the perfect shoes for my feet. Twenty minutes later, I walked out the door with a lighter wallet, peace of mind and two new babies.

After my first run in them I knew I made the right decision and lovingly laid them down for a nap so they would take care of me again on my next run. My daughter asked for her stroller back, but I told her mommy’s twins would be using it for awhile. I tried to squeeze a blanket out of her, too, but little girl wasn’t having it. I’m not sure if she’s adjusting very well to the new additions in the house.

Winks & Smiles,

post signature

10 comments:

tristan January 19, 2010 at 11:28 AM  

I have a friend that is quite athletic and an avid runner. She recently bought these insoles at aline.com and she says that have dramatically improved her running times. I too am a bit on the frugal side but it's something to look at. :) Have a wonderful day!

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run January 19, 2010 at 3:27 PM  

I am sure you will have a long and wonderful relationship with your twins....until they get old and you trade them in for new ones ;)

Good luck finding the perfect Marathon plan.

Mammatalk January 19, 2010 at 4:20 PM  

Looks like the shoe stork paid you a visit. Glad to see you are spoiling yourself. Can't wait to hear about the race.

Kerrie January 19, 2010 at 11:10 PM  

Congrats on your new babies. I'm running in a new pair, too. Here's to many happy miles in them!

PS: Thanks so much for the comment on Mom vs. Marathon. Can't wait to swap running stories!

Anonymous,  January 19, 2010 at 11:19 PM  

That is a great purchase I'm sure. Running in bad shoes could ruin the whole experience and lead to shin splints I believe. Have fun!

My best, Lynn
*I did my BC, come look and gawk at me! ;oP

Jen Feeny January 20, 2010 at 5:50 PM  

New Kicks = LOVE!!!

Congrats on the twins. :) LOL!

Thanks for stopping by my digs! Have a fab day!

joanofalltrades January 20, 2010 at 10:07 PM  

That is too funny! Everyone keeps telling me I need to invest in a new pair of sneaks, but like you, I'm a bit "frugal".

La'Tonya Richardson January 21, 2010 at 1:19 PM  

My children got tierd of my old pair, and bought a pair for me. Take good care of the new babies, as they take care of you!

Anonymous,  January 24, 2010 at 5:56 PM  

Nice shoes. I plan to get some new ones soon. I am a runner and having been reading your blog for a few years. Glad to see you running again. I am running my first half in April. Can't wait to read your running stories.

Amber

Anonymous,  January 24, 2010 at 9:55 PM  

Hilarious. But your twins do look kind of chilly. You may need to ask your daughter again for a blankie!

Post a Comment

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions, products, event tickets, travel and other forms of compensation. The owner of this blog may be compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog may receive compensation for a post or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content that might present a conflict of interest.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP