Dedication

Saturday, January 2, 2010

A Sneak Peek Inside Wifey’s House

Dedication. I didn’t think that word truly existed in my vocabulary until this morning – at least when it came to taking care of myself. I truly believe that one essential key to a happy and healthy marriage is first making sure that you are happy and healthy yourself. I’ve always believed that, but haven’t always acted on it. Husbands, kids, work, pets, chores, extended family, activities, life comes into play and next thing you know we wives often put ourselves on hold for everyone and everything.

Not anymore. Not this year. While I plan on being just as loving and attentive to my family, friends and work; I’m going to step up my love and dedication to myself. There are things that I want to do this year and I’m not going to stand in my own way.

Back to this morning, and dedication. I’m training for a marathon. Today is my long run day. My schedule said 8 miles. The weatherman said 24 degrees, wind-chill 10. My body said my brain was crazy as it made me get up and head out the door as planned. Did I mention I live in Hotlanta? This is probably the coldest day of the year. After piling on layers of clothing and all my gear (hand warmers and my iPod are musts) I was ready to face the pavement, and the cold, with no regrets.


Still smiling after 8 miles

Not only did I not regret it, but I actually enjoyed it. It felt good to move one – or in this case – many steps closer to my goal instead of hiding behind tons of excuses.

How about you? What are you dedicating yourself to this year? Motivated moms and wives want to know…

Here’s to a Happy and Healthy New Year!

Winks & Smiles,

post signature

9 comments:

Anonymous,  January 2, 2010 at 5:20 PM  

Girl, before I read the post I said "Now what in the world is she wearing ear muffs for"????? What's it doing so cold down there??? You look adorable. Keep up the great work.

Radical Selfie January 2, 2010 at 6:39 PM  

Awesome!! I will draw on you for motivation as I embrace my goals this year. Best to you!

Ms. Wanda January 3, 2010 at 12:17 PM  

My sister said to me very recently don't get lost in your husband's shadow, dah. She doesn't know it but lately I realized I've been in her's my whole life and in everyone else's even my kid's. Lost in everyone else's world but my own, hmmmm, I say to myself time to change that!!!

This year is about self preservation, 45 is fast approaching and I realized that if I don't connect with myself, I won't have the ability to get anything started ever:)

Good for you Wifey with your 8 miles!

xoxox
Ms. Wanda

The Broke Socialite January 3, 2010 at 1:22 PM  

I'm so proud of you, Wifey! You have no idea how much.

I am dedicating this year to building my empire. I've decided that it's only me who has been holding back. To infinity and beyond...

ParlinMom January 3, 2010 at 3:47 PM  

Happy New Year Wifey!

You go girl!! Good luck with training for the marathon.

I am dedicating this year to me. I need to WIN in 2010. I have also been one of those wives/moms that is caught up in her family but it is time for me. I will be looking for ways to start to have my some ME time.

Shanny January 3, 2010 at 5:52 PM  

Wow, this is so cool! and so cold at the same time! lol
Yay for running the marathon, its inspiring =)

Happy New Year!

Krystal Grant January 3, 2010 at 6:33 PM  

Great job, Wifey. I'm so proud of you. This morning was FREEZING. I almost missed church because of the cold. This year, I'm dedicated to doing exactly what God wants me to do and becoming the person He created me to be. I've allowed my self doubt to get in the way for far too long. This year, I'm dedicated to doing things I never thought I was "qualified" to do.

MrsM January 5, 2010 at 1:09 AM  

That's impressive! I couldn't do a marathon. I have tiny ones so I don't really get to do a lot for myself yet, but I did decide to try to blog every day, even if it's just a little post. That'll be nice for me.

By the way, on today's post I gave you an award. =)

La'Tonya Richardson January 7, 2010 at 8:23 PM  

Go Wifey, get your run on!

It's day 7 of the new year, and I've not walked or exercised like I said I would, outside of playing Wii, this year!

Post a Comment

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions, products, event tickets, travel and other forms of compensation. The owner of this blog may be compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog may receive compensation for a post or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content that might present a conflict of interest.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP