National Running Day: Top 10 Reasons Why I Run

Wednesday, June 2, 2010


I don’t know how this one caught me off guard, but I just found out today is National Running Day. Hmm, an excuse to write about, ahem, and encourage everyone to get moving.

In honor of this lovely day, I’ve listed the Top 10 Reasons Why I Run. They are (in no particular order):

1. For my health

2. For my sanity

3. For the challenge

4. Because it feels good

5. For fun (yes, gasp, it’s actually fun)

6. So, I can get back into my “skinny jeans”

7. Because I can’t say no to chocolate … or beer

8. For camaraderie (runners are some of the nicest and encouraging people)

9. To set a positive, active example for my kids

10. Because I can

How about you? Why do you run? Or, do what ever activity gets you moving? I’d love to know and cheer you on!

Winks & Smiles,
post signature

4 comments:

CarolinaMama June 2, 2010 at 3:11 PM  

Love it! Thanks for sharing! Love running!

Kerrie June 2, 2010 at 3:28 PM  

Agree x10. Happy National Running Day!

Shay Shay June 2, 2010 at 9:14 PM  

Why I run: I can't say I like to run, but I do like running events and how finishing makes me feel. I also run because the former less fit Shay Shay never thought I could or would run more than a few feet!

Muffin Recipes May 18, 2023 at 6:17 PM  

Hi thanks for sharinng this

Post a Comment

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions, products, event tickets, travel and other forms of compensation. The owner of this blog may be compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog may receive compensation for a post or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content that might present a conflict of interest.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP