Sex: Lots, Little or Lack Of

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Wifey’s Weekly Q and A – Reversed

You didn’t ask, but I’m just sayin’…

How often do you and your husband have sex?

Gasp!

That’s a rhetorical question, unless you would like to share those intimate details with all of us, but a question that you should ask yourself. Do you know how many times you and your husband have had sex in the past week? OK, month? Come on, year?

I was flipping through channels on Monday and caught a segment of The Dr. OZ Show. He and his guest Dr. Laura Berman, a leading sex educator and therapist, said that sexless marriages are at an alarming high and that sex in marriages are in a state of crisis in this country. With all the pressure and things people are juggling today – spouses, kids, bills, housework, and careers all in a terrible economy – its really not surprising that people’s sex-lives are struggling. But, it’s not good either. Sex is a critical part of a marriage and when it’s neglected, or even eliminated, the relationship undoubtedly suffers.

Dr. OZ is hosting a National Sex Experiment. He says it will start off slow and lead to the “best sex of your life.” Hmm. For those of you who are already swinging from the chandelier on a daily basis, kudos to you, but for the other 99.9 percent of us hopefully that sparked your attention.

This past Monday, Dr. OZ released his first three steps in the program:

Start Talking

Kiss and Cuddle

Just Do It

To learn more details about the experiment and these first three steps visit Dr. OZ’s website.

So, how about you? Do you make sex a priority in your marriage? If so, how? If not, are you willing to start today? Wondering wives want to know …

Winks & Smiles,

post signature

7 comments:

Ana Lee @Newlyidentified November 4, 2009 at 1:42 PM  

My friend Karly and I are watching the show right now and were talking about it. I think it's a great idea.

MsTypo November 4, 2009 at 1:53 PM  

I'm doing pretty well on steps 1 through 3. Talking and cuddling are two of my favourite things!! :p I'll be interested in seeing the rest of the steps.

joanofalltrades November 4, 2009 at 7:31 PM  

I definitely want to make it a priority because I think it is important. It's hard when you are pregnant and tired and don't feel sexy. I'll have to check out Dr. Oz. Thanks!

Shanny November 4, 2009 at 11:09 PM  

Umm, since I'm into this whole "trying" for a baby phase... maybe my sex life doesn't count? lol ...though I think I'm still going to check out what Dr. Oz has to say...

Ms. Wanda November 5, 2009 at 10:17 AM  

Listen a few months ago I had to start keeping a calendar:) I've finally come to realize that men are self sufficient, they can take care of themselves, you know? Hubby told me that I am a withholder. I said that's not true and he says we've only been together like once this month! I was in appalled and in shock, so I started to keep a calendar and happy to report that it's more than once, it's twice:)

Sarah Chang November 5, 2009 at 8:37 PM  

I'd like to start today...I'm just so tired!
Visiting your blog from SITS. Love it! Looking forward to reading more.
Sarah

www.thestrollerballet.com

Nikki November 18, 2009 at 2:50 AM  

So, I kinda have an ironic story to share. When I was married I made sex a priority. I did all the things the books and experts say. I was so proud of myself for keeping hubby happy.

Then one night hubby bravely said ...you know, I think we have sex to much. Can we take a break? I was like huh?! LOL. So really a word of caution about over doing it. *pun intended*

Post a Comment

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions, products, event tickets, travel and other forms of compensation. The owner of this blog may be compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog may receive compensation for a post or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content that might present a conflict of interest.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP