New York, New York: Big City of Dreams ... and Penne Alla Vodka!

Friday, November 6, 2009

Wifey Travels

Ever since Christie and I launched The BlogRollers I have been rolling – literally. Kentucky, Chicago, New York, North Carolina and Florida are just a few of the places my recent adventures have taken me. It’s a far cry from last year’s big excursion to the Mediterranean, but I love traveling so it’s fine with me. As I continue to stay on-the-go I decide I would include some travel posts at Ask Wifey. I love reading about other people’s journeys and enjoy sharing mine, too.

A couple of weeks ago, I flew to New York for one night on a magazine writing assignment. I hadn’t been to Manhattan in several years so I was super excited to get a dose of the big apple – and a slice of pizza, too. The public relations firm that invited me to cover an event put me up at The Premier Hotel – a luxury annex of The Millennium Hotel. I used to travel to New York from Atlanta at least once a month back in my record company days – before I left the business to raise my own little superstars – and loved staying at The Millennium.

Nestled right in the heart of Times Square, I had easy access to all the hustle-and-bustle of the theater district, MTV Studios and some of my favorite restaurants in the city. I was so pleased that The Premier lived up to my memories of The Millennium and then some. It’s a smaller extension of the hotel but the rooms were large and very swanky. I had plenty of space, a nice lounge area and a great view down West 44th Street.






I was only there for one night but felt it necessary to devour have some pasta from my favorite Italian restaurant – especially since it was right down the street. Um, hello, you cannot do New York and not eat. And, I mean EAT. After my event, I found myself sitting at the bar in Carmine’s, sipping a full-body cabernet, waiting for my order of Penne Alla Vodka.



That’s a lot of food, right? No, I didn’t realize that they would give me that much; no, I didn’t eat it all, ahem, … and yes, the bed at The Premier was warm and cozy.

Winks & Smiles,
post signature






This is a TravelingMom dedicated post.

9 comments:

Sarah at The Stroller Ballet November 6, 2009 at 7:53 AM  

Just popping by to tell you I really enjoy your blog and would like to present you with a “One Lovely Blog” award. I checked out your blog and don’t think you have received it yet.
Visit me at www.thestrollerballet.com to pick up your award! Hope you are having a great Friday!
Sarah

MsTypo November 6, 2009 at 8:06 AM  

I so much prefer hotels that have duvets on the bed.

BTW, that pasta looks beyond yummy!! *drool*

Anonymous,  November 6, 2009 at 9:31 AM  

Did you hate throwing that away? I mean it's not like you could travel with it. Nice swanky looking place you had there.

joanofalltrades November 6, 2009 at 6:37 PM  

The only think I liked about traveling to New York was the food. So much to choose from. Oh yeah, and Times Square is pretty cool too. That bed looks like it was comfy. And stop lying...you know you ate all that food. LOL at you wearing a snuggie in the pic on my blog!

MOMSWEB November 6, 2009 at 9:53 PM  

I've been to NY once and you're right, the highlight of my trip was eating (lol).

This is a good idea to include your travels in your blog. It'll help some of us that don't go anywhere feel like we're going somewhere (lol).

Gabrielle November 7, 2009 at 3:11 AM  

Great site, i have no idea what path of clicks got me here, but I'm glad. Becoming a follower!

kanishk November 12, 2009 at 8:38 AM  

I so much prefer hotels that have duvets on the bed. Work from home India

Justice Fergie November 16, 2009 at 1:26 PM  

Sounds like fun! And OMG I looove Carmine's. Just give me a big bowl of the Garlic and Oil Pasta and I'm in heaven.

Anonymous December 29, 2021 at 2:03 PM  

Thanks for the informative and helpful post, obviously in your blog everything is good.. It’s time to must know about it best east coast beaches for families for more details.

Post a Comment

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions, products, event tickets, travel and other forms of compensation. The owner of this blog may be compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog may receive compensation for a post or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content that might present a conflict of interest.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP