There’s No Such Thing as Too Much Tennis

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

While I’m quick to talk about my new found love for running I don’t seem to post too much about my other love – tennis. I’m not sure why as I’ve been playing, year-round, for the past 3 to 4 years. To say I’m addicted to tennis would be an understatement and now that Husband is playing, too, it’s pretty much apart of our daily lives.

This past weekend my USTA Women’s 3.0 tennis team won the Georgia State Championship. My teammates and I drove to Macon, Georgia, this past Thursday night and spent the next four days playing two matches per day against teams from all over Georgia and loved every second of it. Did I mention there’s no such thing as too much tennis? Aside from winning the championship, this weekend was so special because of the wonderful women I’m proud to call my teammates friends. The love, support and encouragement everyone consistently gives each other is amazing. Never have I been apart of such camaraderie with such a dynamic group of women. Everyone on the team has talent and is such a superstar; but what’s so special is they want to see their teammates shine even brighter than themselves. There’s no bickering, no pettiness, and no drama. And, that, my friends, is rare.

 My usual self-portrait

 
Our "official" team photo

 Hangin' out waiting for our court assignments

 Tired after two matches

 My partner, Pam and I, also dubbed "The Twin Towers"

 Husband, My dad, my mother-in-law and my babies came to see me on Mother's Day

 Showing off my coveted champions towel

The gals in all our glory

Congratulations to the McGhee Tennis Center USTA 3.0 Adult Women State Champions! Looking forward to big things at Sectionals!

Winks & Smiles,
post signature

4 comments:

La'Tonya Richardson May 11, 2010 at 3:37 PM  

Congratulations on winning the championship! Where do you find time to do it all?!

Shay Shay May 11, 2010 at 6:14 PM  

LoLo, what a time we had! I am so tired right now, but it was so worth it. And to share the victory with such a dynamic group of women--on and off the court-just wonderful! Can't wait to Sectionals! Birmingham Here We Come!!

hicksgirl93 May 12, 2010 at 4:22 PM  

You are certainly a busy woman! Keep on being active, it keeps you young and beautiful!

Kat @ For the Love of Chaos May 13, 2010 at 8:23 AM  

Beautiful pictures! Looks like you had a blast. I SO wish we lived in a larger area. There is NOTHING to get involved in like this around here. We live in an itty bitty Louisiana town. Moving next year and I cannot WAIT! I've just gotten into being more active and having to always do it alone isn't fun at all LOL

Post a Comment

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions, products, event tickets, travel and other forms of compensation. The owner of this blog may be compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog may receive compensation for a post or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content that might present a conflict of interest.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP