My Secret for Solving Soreness

Monday, May 24, 2010

OK, well maybe it’s not a secret but its news to me.

I was planning on taking a picture for this post of me with a tall glass of tart cherry juice that one of our wonderful Race & Relax sponsors, The Cherry Marketing Institute, sent to all of the participants, but it went so fast in my house (thanks Husband for helping yourself, ahem) that all I got was this:

Me and my empty glass wishing I had more cherry juice

Believe me when I say I will get some more. I loved it and apparently Husband gave it the big thumbs up, too, because I drank half the bottle then went back for more and it was gone.

I first learned about the powerful effects of cherries after reading one of my marathon mentor’s (the wonderful Maria Bailey from BSM Media and Mom TV) tweets. She shared that including cherries in your post run or workout routine helped combat soreness, so I started tossing some in my chocolate protein shakes. Yum. Then when The Cherry Marketing Institute sent me the tart bottle of cherry juice I was hooked. It came at the perfect time, too, right before my USTA State Tennis Tournament where I was playing two matches a day for four days and training for Race & Relax and my marathon. Gasp! While I was exhausted after the tournament, I wasn’t nearly as sore as I expected and I believe partial credit goes to the cherries.

I love finding food that taste great and is good for you, too, and felt compelled to share my great find with you. Don't worry, there’s more than enough cherries for everyone. You can learn more about the nutritional benefits of cherries (they’re packed with lots of antioxidants) and the Red Recovery Routine at http://www.choosecherries.com/.

Winks & Smiles,
post signature

2 comments:

Banteringblonde May 24, 2010 at 1:24 PM  

sounds yummy .... i love bing cherries ;)

La'Tonya Richardson May 26, 2010 at 3:41 PM  

I am so glad to read this post! I've been clearing a landscape plot in my yard. I was fine the first few day, but day four brought on soreness! I'm game to try it, if it will help the soreness in my back!

Post a Comment

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions, products, event tickets, travel and other forms of compensation. The owner of this blog may be compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog may receive compensation for a post or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content that might present a conflict of interest.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP