Wives' Words: Future Mama

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I was so excited when I received the answers to this week's Wives' Words that I decided to post them instead of my weekly Q and A. As much as I’d like to think that my opinion is the only one people want to read, I realize that’s not the case, ahem, so I created Wives' Words to highlight other wives and share their words of wisdom with you.


This week's wife is Future Mama from Baby Makin(g) Machine. I got to know Future Mama well during The BlogRollers BlogHer or Bust Road Trip – she won the Fourth Wheel Contest and rode with us to the conference - and I just love her! She's sweet, smart and super inquisitive; and shares so much of herself as she chronicles her journey to motherhood.

Here's Future Mama's Wives' Words:



Name: Jennifer aka Future Mama
Husband’s name: Brian
Years married: Almost 5 (on December 23rd!)
Children (ages): Snoop, Shar-pei mix is 21 months.
Occupation: Journalist
Blog/website: Baby Makin(g) Machine

What was your biggest fear about getting married? Did it come true?
I'm not sure what my biggest fear was... Maybe that things would change between us. Things did... We started living together and everything was different. We have loved it through and grown so much together.

What’s the best thing about having a husband?
I love having someone I can always turn to for advice, and to whine to, haha. He's ALWAYS good at cheering me up though, no matter how sad I am... And even if he's mad at me. I really just like having someone that is like an extension of me.

What’s the most challenging thing about being married?
Having to cross things by him. Sometimes it's like I have a parent all over again and I'm trying to get permission for things. I am more outgoing and he's more private, sometimes that makes things (like blogging) hard.

How has your sex life changed since becoming a wife and how do you keep it thriving?
Yea! It went from non-existent to A LOT! haha. I'm not sure what I do to keep it thriving... If it's been awhile I try to clean up around the house, and get all dressed up myself. He likes it when I act like a homemaker. I've heard women say it turns them on when their husband cleans... It works the same way, but opposite with us.

What do you wish someone would have warned you about being married?
I think I heard all of the things like "it's work" "it's not always easy" But I think I wish I heard more of the positive advice like "50% of marriages survive forever... let that be yours!"

What words of wisdom would you like to share with other wives?
Always communicate! And grow spiritually together! I think the closer we both are to God the closer we are together :)



Thanks, Jennifer!

How about you? Got some Wives' Words to share? Wives everywhere want to know …

Winks & Smiles,
post signature

10 comments:

MBB Founder and Editor Denene Millner September 2, 2009 at 8:37 AM  

Awwwww, young 'un!!!! (sorry—that was our nickname for Jennifer during the Blogrollers' trip to BlogHer09). How nice to get another up close look at one of my favorite bloggers... thanks Wifey!

Shanny September 2, 2009 at 9:40 AM  

Awww, adorable couple!
Laughing at the fact that he likes her acting as a homemaker... I think my husband does too, hee hee. And great words of wisdom too Jennifer =)

Ms. Wanda September 2, 2009 at 10:32 AM  

"The closer we are to God the closer we are together" How beautiful is that, great post Wifey! They are beautiful together:)

Kathy B! September 2, 2009 at 11:10 AM  

What a beautiful couple. And her wedding photo is stunning. I would have thought she was a model and not a journalist!

She has a wise approach to her marriage!

Felicia - I complete Me September 2, 2009 at 11:47 AM  

This was great! And I truely believe that the closer hubby and I get to God the Closer we get together. I am so in agreement with that.

African American Mom September 3, 2009 at 12:30 AM  

They have such a cute wedding photo.

Ana Lee @Newlyidentified September 3, 2009 at 1:12 AM  

Love the wedding photo, and all of Future Mama's answers. Wifey you have a great blog!

Ana Lee @ Newlyidentified

CG September 4, 2009 at 7:13 AM  

Aw well this was just too stinkin' cute for words! But what else would you expect from our little blogrollin' youngin', eh?

Jewelry Rockstar September 5, 2009 at 6:05 PM  

I love the glass full approach of "50% of marriages last, let yours be one of them."

Post a Comment

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions, products, event tickets, travel and other forms of compensation. The owner of this blog may be compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog may receive compensation for a post or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content that might present a conflict of interest.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP