Blogalicious Weekend: The Beach, The Bling and The Booze

Monday, October 11, 2010

I spent the past four days at The Blogalicious Weekend in Miami at The Ritz Carlton South Beach and in four words - I had a blast.

The conference brought together approximately 200 women to celebrate the diversity of all ethnicities in social media. And celebrate we did. We also networked, learned, laughed, bonded and created memories that we’ll hang onto until Blogalicious 2011. I had the privilege of speaking on The Chronicles of Fit Divas panel and enjoyed the awesome dialogue and real talk we had with the audience. Thanks to everyone who came out.

The Beach
So, I was staying on South Beach and there was no way I wasn’t going for a run while I was there.

My pre-run pic. Trying to be fabulous – it is South Beach

There’s a path that goes horizontal to the beach that I started to run along, but my foot quickly began hurting – that damn because of my plantar fasciitis – so I decided to slow down and just walk.

The path

The beach

The Bling
Yes, the swag at the conference was in full effect. There were lots of great goodies and everyone seemed to handle it in very good taste, but one swagadocious item really stood out.

Bling, Bling – Gasp!

This gorgeous Fossil watch was given to all the attendees from the wonderful folks at Feeding Your Dreams at Sunday’s breakfast. I haven’t worn a watch in years, but um, now I will be rockin’ this one.

The Booze
That sounds so harsh. It wasn’t booze. It was wine, and lots of it.

Nice, right?

My BlogRollin’ partner, Christie, and I had the pleasure of working with The Wine Sisterhood at Blogalicious where they debuted the newest wine in their Middle Sister line, Sweet & Sassy. Throughout Saturday we hosted the Sassy Suite were conference attendees could come and meet the newest sister, sip a little wine and enjoy some yummy snacks. Needless to say the Sassy Suite was a huge success – good people, good conversation and good wine. We even gave away an iPad, gasp! Jessica hasn't put it down since she took it out the box.

Me, Christie and Sweet & Sassy

I’m trying hard to get back into the swing of things today. My mind and body think they’re still in South Beach, but my family and my inbox disagree.

Winks & Smiles,
post signature

9 comments:

Attorneymom October 11, 2010 at 1:42 PM  

Wow, your husband and I graduated from Delaware State. This is a small world. I have to add your blog to my blogroll.

Jewel October 11, 2010 at 7:18 PM  

It was so great to meet u. I'm sure that this is only the beginning...can't wait to see u again.

Jessica @That Tech Chick October 11, 2010 at 10:24 PM  

Thank you for bringing The Wine Sisterhood to Blogalicious. I had a fab time hanging out in the suite and an even more fab time after I won ipaddy. And, yes, I told my DH he will have to move over in bed cause ipaddy will be there.

Loved meeting you. I will tell ipaddy you said HI!

MizFit October 12, 2010 at 5:57 AM  

I LOVED reading all the tweets while you guys were there.
wasnt even near close enough to 'being there with you' but till next year it shall have to do :)

whydidshedothat October 12, 2010 at 8:53 AM  

It was so nice meeting you! And I thank you all for working with the Wine Sisterhood and bringing Middle Sister to Blogalicious. I'm going to keep a bottle of Sweet & Sassy now.

Jen @ After The Alter October 12, 2010 at 11:16 AM  

any event that supports wine like that is a great event in my book! :) Not to mention staying at the Ritz had to be great! Glad to hear you enjoyed!

Unknown October 12, 2010 at 4:52 PM  

Thanks, Everyone! I loved meeting so many fabulous ladies and I'm looking forward to next year. Oh, and the wine was the bomb!

Mammatalk October 13, 2010 at 12:00 AM  

Wow. What fun. Love the bling!

Post a Comment

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions, products, event tickets, travel and other forms of compensation. The owner of this blog may be compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog may receive compensation for a post or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content that might present a conflict of interest.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP