WifeSavers: Bringing Sexy Back

Monday, May 3, 2010

What do you get when you combine 10 women, 10 chairs, a few poles, some high-heels, the best sex columnist on the web and the most popular sensual dance studio in Atlanta? The BlogRollers’ first WifeSavers: Bringing Sexy Back event, of course!

A few weeks ago My BlogRollin’ partner, Christie, and I sent out an e-mail to a couple of our bloggy-buddies asking them if they’d be interested in attending the launch of our new WifeSavers series.

WifeSavers is a series of events and experiences for brides-to-be, newlyweds and veteran wives created to help them thrive in the throws of marriage. The series offers a variety of individual events geared toward enlightening and enhancing one aspect of wifehood including exercise and fitness, cooking, intimacy, personal makeovers, home décor and repair, and auto maintenance. Informative and entertaining, WifeSavers arms wives with tips, tricks and tactics to help them be the best they can be.

We were met with a resounding, um, hell yes! In fact, all the slots filled up so quickly we didn’t get to open it up to our WifeSavers VIP Club like we planned. So, last Friday night, ten of us got together to learn some new dance moves at Pole La Teaz in Atlanta. Our fabulous instructor and co-owner of Pole La Teaz, Ro, was awesome. Not just at moving her hips, but at encouraging us to unleash our inner sex-divas that so desperately wanted to come out. After learning how to work the chair, we sat in them, sipped some wine and chatted with sex columnist and author of "The Mominatrix's Guide to Sex: A No-Surrender Advice Book for Naughty Moms" Kristen Chase. Kristen shared some tips from her new book about recharging your sex-life and led us in a candid, ahem, discussion about – sex! It was informative, exciting and refreshing to tackle a subject that’s so taboo, but so important in marriage.

Ro was workin’ those heels

Some of the gals getting ready to go for it

This is about the best I can do with the pole

My Brown Baby and Execumama Tweeting and Facebooking in between moves

Christie’s so sweet she brought me a cake and goodies for my birthday, that's Nancy holding it up

Kristen signing "The Mominatrix's Guide to Sex" – that girl knows her stuff!

Christie, Kristen and moi after a fun girls night out

This was our second trip to Pole La Teaz, you can read about our first adventure here. If you’re ever in the Atlanta or Houston area make sure to put Pole La Teaz on your list; and if you don’t already have "The Mominatrix's Guide to Sex," it’s a must, go get your copy here!

Winks & Smiles,

post signature

9 comments:

Nikki D May 3, 2010 at 12:36 PM  

That was big fun! Thanks so much for starting the WifeSavers events - the hubby says thanks too! ;)

And Mominatrix is one cool chick! I look forward to reading her book and putting it to use!

Radical Selfie May 3, 2010 at 5:20 PM  

I agree with Nikki D! We had an excellent time! Ro was such an awesome instructor, and her playlist was insaaaannneee!! Thanks, Blogrollers for a fabulous GNO!!

Krystal Grant May 3, 2010 at 9:24 PM  

What an awesome time I had. I was definitely wwwwaaaaaayyyy out of my comfort zone. But I'm so glad I was there and I cannot wait for our next outing. I loved the candid discussion with Mominatrix- she really helped me get my priorities in the proper order. Your pics are great. I MUST get a better camera because NONE of my pics came out from that night.

Ms. Wanda May 3, 2010 at 9:54 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ms. Wanda May 3, 2010 at 9:56 PM  

Ok, now I'm really mad I didn't go crap! You know I thought you were wearing those heels Wifey, I was like whatttt is she wearing high heels:) I'm coming to the next event come H E double L or high water:)

xoxox

ScrappinMichele May 3, 2010 at 10:38 PM  

I have that same gray t-shirt that you have on. LOL! And did I somehow miss your birthday???

You all have way too much fun! I need to move to Atlanta!!

Krystal Grant May 4, 2010 at 3:17 PM  

There's an award waiting for you on my blog.

RobinLK May 4, 2010 at 8:43 PM  

OMGosh!!! I am soooooo jealous/envious!! How TOTALLY fun!!! I've been trying to get a pole dancing class in Orlando forever. And those high heels...yikes! Looks like you gals had a great time, and I'm bettin' my hubs would LOVE for me to get that book. LOL

Looks like your birthday was a fun one!

HUGS from Orlando!
r.

Unknown January 11, 2019 at 2:33 PM  

We choose these women, are you with us? http://cutt.us/gRzhF

Post a Comment

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions, products, event tickets, travel and other forms of compensation. The owner of this blog may be compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog may receive compensation for a post or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content that might present a conflict of interest.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP