Ready, Set, Switch

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

It’s time for me to step out of these ...

My tennis shoes
And switch into these ...

My running shoes

I spent the last four days in Birmingham, Alabama braving the heat with my USTA 3.0 Georgia STATE CHAMPION tennis team playing in the Sectionals tournament. While we didn’t take the whole tournament this time we still walked away winners – and had entirely too much fun, too.

Now that I’m back and have about six weeks before tennis starts again its time to really focus on my running. I’ve managed to juggle the two sports up until now and stay on track with my marathon training – this weekend was the first since April that I missed a long run. Gasp!

I never in a million years thought that I’d actually be excited to lace up my running shoes, grab my iPhone and head out on a 14 mile run, but I am, and there’s no crazy person chasing me, forcing me to do it.

Winks & Smiles,
post signature

5 comments:

Black Girls Run! July 27, 2010 at 5:52 PM  

It is such a small world. My cousin, Darlene Squire, is on your tennis team! Wow! Good luck with the upcoming long runs! I'm doing 14 the weekend after next and 8 this weekend. As far as multiple sports, I was switching between flag football, soccer and running and decided that needed to focus on just one sport for now. But, I'm sure I will lace up my cleats again in the future.

Unknown July 27, 2010 at 6:11 PM  

Wow! It is a small world. Darlene's the best - smiles! Good luck with your long runs, too. Oh, and I really enjoy your site.

Anonymous,  July 28, 2010 at 2:25 PM  

Wow, I'm sorry...I haven't been here in a while and you've changed things up a bit. I'm gonna get me some of those hideous looking Sketchers Shape Ups when I get back from Blogher. I figure I might as well let the sneakers on my feet work my legs and make them look good for next year.

RobinLK July 28, 2010 at 2:53 PM  

It's nice when we actually LOOK FORWARD to those long runs, isn't it?! :)

Anonymous,  July 28, 2010 at 6:01 PM  

love the post title & its tennis reference! I have not run since last thursday because of vacation. I left my headphones at my sister's place so I have to buy some new ones tomorrow and run on Friday! I miss it!

Post a Comment

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions, products, event tickets, travel and other forms of compensation. The owner of this blog may be compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog may receive compensation for a post or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content that might present a conflict of interest.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP