Back to School: One Week But Who’s Counting?

Thursday, July 29, 2010

One week from today my kids start school again. It’s not like I’m counting the minutes or anything, ahem, but the thought of returning to our regular school-year routine is making me want to run around the house doing back flips delightful.

Don’t get me wrong, I love summer vacation and spending time with my children. As they get older each year I enjoy it more, but as the saying goes, all good things must come to an end.

Truthful moment, I use every second of that school day to take care of work and family tasks; and I’m much more productive when they’re at school. But, as happy as I am to zip through the drop-off line in the morning I’m just as anxious to see their little faces step off of the school bus in the afternoon.

Who wouldn’t miss these little smiles for seven hours a day?

How about you? When does school start for your children? Are you excited or dreading the moment? Carpool-line Mamas want to know …

Winks & Smiles,

post signature

6 comments:

Unknown July 29, 2010 at 9:38 AM  

Wow - you start early. When did our kids get out for the summer? We don't go back til third week of August, and yes, I'm counting the days. :-) Like you, I'm super productive during that school day, whether I'm working, doing housework, exercising or catching up w/ other moms!

Mammatalk July 29, 2010 at 11:25 AM  

My oldest starts Kindergarten this Fall and my youngest will start Preschool. THis mommy's got some jitters!!

Krystal Grant July 29, 2010 at 4:31 PM  

I am DREADING the start of school because if my kids go back to school, that means I go back to work. Being a teacher is starting to majorly suck. Shhhhhhhh don't tell my principal.

Adrienne July 29, 2010 at 6:48 PM  

Mine go back August 11 and August 16. I can not WAIT to have "MY" time back lol.

Anonymous,  July 29, 2010 at 8:44 PM  

Wow that is early! When did they finish school? Kids here go back in Sept, maybe after Labor Day! Your post reminds me of the staples commercial with the dad running through the aisles! lol

MizFit July 30, 2010 at 6:05 AM  

DREADING
but that could be the fact that in one year my child starts kindergarten (!) once THAT milestone is over methinks Ill start looking forward to...

:)

I caint lie.

Post a Comment

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions, products, event tickets, travel and other forms of compensation. The owner of this blog may be compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog may receive compensation for a post or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content that might present a conflict of interest.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP