2010 Peachtree Road Race Recap

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

This past Sunday me and more than 50,000 of my closest friends ran in one of the world’s largest 10K’s – the 2010 AJC Peachtree Road Race. Oh, and I rocked it. My official time 1:11:03. That’s a PR for me. This is my fifth time running the Peachtree but never have I paid attention to my time since it was, hmm, let’s just say really slow. OK, I realize that an 11+ minute mile is creeping to many folks, but it’s all relative, and exciting for me. Especially since I played tennis, swam and celebrated The Fourth of July, ahem, the day before. That probably wasn't the wisest pre-race day plan since I woke up the next morning at 6 a.m., sluggish, and hadn't laid out any of my race day necessities.

After finding my running shoes, gasp, and pulling some safety pins off of a previous number I headed out the door to park my car downtown near the finish line and hop the MARTA up to Buckhead for the start. I quickly found my father, my cousin Nancy and her girls. We snapped a few pics, found the porta-potties with the shortest lines (always a mission for me) and joined the masses in our starting waves.

My pre-race pic sporting the new shades I got at the expo

Me and my pops. So proud of him, it’s his first race in several years.

The gals getting ready to go

I was in Start Wave T – we took off around 8:45 a.m. The winners started at 7:30 a.m.

Now that's a flag! We were celebrating The Fourth of July

Seconds before my start

Seconds before my finish

Nancy and I feeling good in Piedmont Park after the race

The coveted Peachtree Road Race T-shirt

Yes, I did slip into my T-shirt when I got home ... and into a really comfortable spot on my couch.
 
Winks & Smiles,
post signature

4 comments:

workout mommy July 6, 2010 at 10:54 AM  

awesome job! and you look fantastic!! I am missing you and your smile! :)

Unknown July 7, 2010 at 6:40 PM  

Thanks @workout mommy! Missing you, too!

Anonymous,  July 9, 2010 at 5:54 PM  

Great job! I can't wait to run my first 5K in Sept!

price per head services December 20, 2012 at 10:57 PM  

Great job. You have been working hard to improve your time a lot and I glad that you did it.

Post a Comment

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions, products, event tickets, travel and other forms of compensation. The owner of this blog may be compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog may receive compensation for a post or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content that might present a conflict of interest.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP