Please Excuse Me, I’m Busy Being an Auntie

Friday, March 26, 2010

Friday’s Confession …

I LOVE being an Auntie. Big surprise, right? Yesterday was my first time babysitting my beautiful 3-month old niece, Haven, and she was a joy. I fed her, changed her, laughed with her, watched Yo Gabba Gabba! with her – shouts out to DJ Lance Rock. Ahem, don’t ask – and discovered I still have the magical touch to put babies to sleep.

I also discovered the five best things about being an Auntie. They are:

The love. Who knew you could love a little baby so much that wasn’t your own? And, she already told me with her eyes, “I love you, Auntie Lolo! You’re the best Auntie ever!”

I can sing. Well, I can’t. Nobody else wants to hear me sing, but my little niece does. She smiled and giggled. My kids politely ask me to stop.

The shopping. That’s right, a cute little girl needs cute little stuff. I’m not a big shopper but I can’t help myself sometimes when I see the adorable little girl clothes. Hmm, this could be on the top five worst things, too. Fortunately such a list does not exist.

They go home. Or you do. That’s right, I said it. Refer to the first item on the list. I love my niece dearly and the fact that I get to give her back to her parents and get a great night sleep makes our bond even stronger. Selfish, I know, but so true.

And finally, the pictures. I get to take great pictures like these …




… and show off my little niece like any good Auntie does.

Winks & Smiles,
post signature

11 comments:

Unknown March 26, 2010 at 7:54 AM  

She is a doll! That is one thing that I will always regret...being a good aunt. I have a lot of nieces and nephews and they all live far away. I wish I had a better relationship with them.

Ms. Wanda March 26, 2010 at 8:09 AM  

Awwwww she is beautiful!!! Look at you babysitting, wow! I think I'm jealous:)

Anonymous,  March 26, 2010 at 8:55 AM  

She is too precious! Enjoy her, I know she's enjoying you.

-Diamond

Shelly- Mom Files March 26, 2010 at 10:54 AM  

How sweet!! Baby Haven is so blessed to have such a wonderful and loving Aunt! I would love to be an aunt some day :)

Anonymous,  March 26, 2010 at 11:04 AM  

She's so precious. I feel the love.

Nikki D March 26, 2010 at 12:05 PM  

Haven said "Eeeee-ooohhh-yaaaay!" which means "Thanks, I love my Auntie!" ;)

Thanks for being a great Auntie and a wonderful sister!

kaybee March 26, 2010 at 1:25 PM  

you're makin' my womb quiver!!! i bet she smells divine!!

Banteringblonde March 27, 2010 at 11:45 AM  

omg adorable!! I can't wait to be an auntie!

Stesha March 28, 2010 at 1:25 AM  

She's so adorable. I wouldn't want her to go home!

Hugs and Mocha,
Stesha

Funkidivagirl March 28, 2010 at 9:16 PM  

She is a cutie pie! Congratulations auntie!

Post a Comment

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions, products, event tickets, travel and other forms of compensation. The owner of this blog may be compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog may receive compensation for a post or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content that might present a conflict of interest.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP