Everyone Should Have Their Cake – And Eat It, Too

Thursday, March 18, 2010

A Sneak Peek Inside Wifey's House

Today’s my mother’s birthday. She said she’s not feelin’ it this year. I told her she doesn’t have to acknowledge the year if she doesn’t want to, but she should always celebrate her special day. Um, besides, it beats the alternative.

I can’t remember a birthday that she didn’t make me feel special – or, any other day for that matter. Whether it was a blowout party with a magician and all my cousins, or a private affair with homemade chocolate cake (“everyone should have a birthday cake on their birthday,” she’s always said) every one of my *insert really low number here* years have been celebrated.

My Mom with me on her lap and my sister, Nicole, about 15 years ago (*wink, wink*)

I love my mom. She’s such a wonderful woman. Smart, beautiful, creative, strong, loving and she can spot a sale and a fabulous pair of shoes in a heartbeat. She’s my biggest cheerleader and has been a wonderful mother. She’s not perfect – which makes her even mo’ better – and I wouldn’t trade her for the world. For real.

I’ll listen to her and won’t make a big fuss today. She is my mama and will still give me the no-matter-how-old-you-get-I’m-your-mama look. But, she’s getting a cake … and some presents … and some fuss because I just can’t help it. It’s her birthday – she should have her cake and eat it, too.

Winks & Smiles,
post signature






Today's Workout: Upper Body with cardio bursts. How about you? Make sure you do something today to take care of you!

9 comments:

Anonymous,  March 18, 2010 at 8:41 AM  

Happy Birthday to your mom. What a fabulous human being she is, is evident in the loving children she has raised in you and @NikkiD :) EVERY birthday is special and deserves to be celebrated. May G-d continue to bless her on this lovely day, surrounded by good health, love and warm wishes.

-Diamond

Andrea March 18, 2010 at 9:38 AM  

Happy Birthday Mama! Wishing her many, many more!

~Mommy+Me~ March 18, 2010 at 11:27 AM  

Happy birthday to your mom! She's beautiful!
Glad you are going to fuss over her even though she's not feelin' it! :)

African American Mom March 18, 2010 at 2:23 PM  

Now wasn't that a sweet tribute to your mother....awwwww

Radical Selfie March 18, 2010 at 5:00 PM  

Aaaw...happy birthday, Mama 'nem! But why can't you just follow directions and not make a fuss!! Kidding, I do the exact same thing! She can't tell me what to do anymore! Sorry, flashback from teenage years! *smiles*

Anonymous,  March 19, 2010 at 2:54 PM  

Happy Birthday to your Mama. You are doing the right things. Spoil here, she deserves it.

Unknown March 19, 2010 at 4:36 PM  

Thanks, Everyone! My mom had a wonderful birthday and a fabulous chocolate cake!

Winks & Smiles,
Wifey

Shanny March 21, 2010 at 11:50 AM  

Awww happy belated birthday to your womderful mommy!

Post a Comment

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions, products, event tickets, travel and other forms of compensation. The owner of this blog may be compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog may receive compensation for a post or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content that might present a conflict of interest.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP