Sugar, Sugar

Monday, December 21, 2009

A Sneak Peek Inside Wifey’s House

Apparently, I’m not only in training for a marathon, but for The Sugar Coma Tour, too. That’s right, it’s a good thing I’m continuing to log miles in my journey to run my first marathon because I am also doing an excellent job logging sugar. Gasp!

When my good friend The Broke Socialite (TBS) sent me an invite to be a Sugar Baby on her upcoming Sugar Coma tour I immediately responded – "Um, Yes! You had me at Sugar."

This is the one time of year that I completely and willingly allow myself to indulge in my undying love for sugar. During the holidays I bake, and eat –ahem, all the sweets I desire: pound cake, Christmas cookies, key-lime pie, cheesecake, and just about anything having to do with chocolate.


Mmm, Chocolate Cream Pie! One of my favorites!

So, to say TBS has good timing with her upcoming Sugar Coma Tour is an understatement. On January 16th, 2010, she is hosting some of her friends in social media (and real life, too) on a whirlwind tasting tour of some of Atlanta's bakeries, cupcakeries and sweet spots. We'll meet pastry chefs, taste new recipes and enjoy the venues. This is the first of several swanky soirees the fabulous TBS is planning and guess what ... if you live in the Atlanta area there’s opportunity for you to be involved, too! Visit TBS here to learn more details.

How about you? Do you have a sugar – or sweet tooth, too? What’s your favorite sweet to eat during this time of year? Sugar Mamas want to know …

Winks & Smiles,
post signature

6 comments:

The Broke Socialite December 21, 2009 at 9:30 AM  

Thanks for posting about Sugar Coma, Wifey. I'm so glad to have you (and your sweet tooth) on board. It may be hard to believe but I can actually take or leave sweets; the men in my home, however, aren't as easy. I guess my favorite sweets are cupcakes. My problem? I can never eat just one. *sigh*

African American Mom December 21, 2009 at 10:14 AM  

I am not much of a baker but the picture above motivates to me to be.

Ms. Wanda December 21, 2009 at 4:53 PM  

Now you know I'm all about the Suuugaaarrr!!!

xoxox
Ms. Wanda

Mocha Dad December 22, 2009 at 11:41 AM  

I love sweets, but I only have one serving and I leave the rest. My wife hates this about me because she is left to eat the rest.

Krystal Grant December 22, 2009 at 10:33 PM  

I have a very serious chocolate problem. I am totally in love with all things chocolate. It's sad that I keep a Reece's Cup in my purse just in case the mood hits me. And I just bought a pack of 24 easy bake chocolate chip cookies to bake on Christmas Eve, but I don't think they'll last that long.

La'Tonya Richardson December 24, 2009 at 5:43 PM  

Chessmen Cookies are my weekness right now. I love those things! I'm not in Atlanta, but I am going to follow the tour!

Post a Comment

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions, products, event tickets, travel and other forms of compensation. The owner of this blog may be compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog may receive compensation for a post or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content that might present a conflict of interest.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP