ICE, ICE, Baby

Monday, September 20, 2010

This …


Plus this …


Equals this …


On Saturday I took my first ice bath after logging in another 18 miles. I debated videoing the momentous occasion (don’t worry, I had on a swimsuit and long sleeve T-shirt – nothing X-rated here) but I wanted to spare you the loud screaming and colorful commentary that went something like, “Oh, *BLEEP!* Whoo, *BLEEP!* GASP, *BLEEP,* *BLEEP,* *BLEEP!*”

While it was cold as *BLEEP* I don’t think I had enough ice. The one bag I poured in melted fairly quickly. Next time I’ll need to add at least two or three. That’s right I said next time. I will definitely do it again. My legs and my feet felt great afterwards and I’m convinced it helped my recovery.

After a very active weekend of walking/running (I took it easy) and playing tennis I’m so pleased that my foot – and the rest of me – feels wonderful. I’m 40 days out from my first marathon, Gasp!, and I’m looking forward to taking every step.

Winks & Smiles,
post signature

7 comments:

Anonymous,  September 20, 2010 at 1:07 PM  

Oh My bleeping goodness, you actually sat in ice??? Are you bleeping crazy??? Have you lost your bleeping mind????

Glad it all worked out for you :)

kat September 21, 2010 at 5:22 AM  

Your a braver woman than me, I've yet to do the whole ice bath thing, I really don't think I can, very impressed.

Jen @ After The Alter September 21, 2010 at 11:48 AM  

wow! you are brave! There is no way I could get my body in a tub of ice!! yikes!! lol

Jennifer September 21, 2010 at 9:52 PM  

I agree with Jen @ After the After: you are so brave is right! I want to turn up the thermostat when it dips below 65 degrees, and here you are in an ice bath. Coooolio.

hair accessories September 22, 2010 at 3:36 AM  

OMG! An icy cool bath? I can't imagine you can take that cold temperature. Anyway, I'm really impressed with you!

Anonymous,  September 22, 2010 at 3:22 PM  

Holy Moly! You are a brave woman! I never heard of an ice bath for recovery! I am so glad it worked! Stay strong & healthy! :)

Unknown September 24, 2010 at 7:49 PM  

Thanks, Everyone! It really saved my legs. We'll know I'm brave if I can do it again this week. LOL!

Post a Comment

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions, products, event tickets, travel and other forms of compensation. The owner of this blog may be compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog may receive compensation for a post or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content that might present a conflict of interest.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP