It’s A Family Affair

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

So, after yesterday’s post and with these words of motivation stuck in my head I decided that I would wake the kids up early and go get my run in before I had my first meeting this morning. Besides, last night both of them expressed interest in doing a road race, “like Mommy does.”

We got up, got ready and headed to a near by park that has a half-mile track and a playground right next to it. Apparently, my kids want to do a race but they don’t want to run in one. I told them they had to do one lap with me then the playground was all theirs. After 15 steps all I heard was …

“Are you serious?”

“We have to run ALL the way around this?”

“I’m tired.”

They are so complaining to the wrong person.

“Well, I’m old,” I told them and “laziness will get you no where in life.”

I must really be old because I started sounding like somebody’s mother - ahem - and I’m certain they tuned me out. Never the less they ran (if that’s what you call it) one half-mile, and I got in three.

I snapped a few pics to memorialize this momentous occasion.

Milan’s pre-run beauty shot

Milan after - not so sure about this running thing

Miles before shot - focused and determined

Miles after - he's not tired of playing his DS

The playground - where they really want to be

Me, too!

How about you? What activities are you and your kids doing together this summer?

Winks & Smiles,
post signature

7 comments:

MizFit June 15, 2010 at 3:50 PM  

I love this. All of it from the family participation to those PICTURES.

Lovelovelove.

Shelly- Mom Files June 15, 2010 at 4:07 PM  

How fun! You are a great mom and I enjoyed this post :)

TMB @ RACING WITH BABES June 15, 2010 at 4:18 PM  

I love that you got them to run with you. Even if it was only a half mile! My kids run with me and my hubby on occasion. I wrote about it here ... http://racingwithbabes.blogspot.com/2010/03/its-deja-vu.html

I can't wait until they are older and can actually hold their own!

Krystal Grant June 15, 2010 at 7:25 PM  

Great pics! It's so cute that your baby girl brought her dolls to the playground. Great job getting them moving.

Unknown June 15, 2010 at 8:26 PM  

Thanks, Ladies! I'm going to have them in shape by the end of the summer - LOL!

Anonymous,  June 16, 2010 at 10:12 AM  

I think its great they wanted to go with you. They may not have "loved" it right this moment but they will remember the example you set & that day. How great! I recently rediscovered my love for running using the c25k program. I'm on week 2 & loving it :) SO glad to have found your blog.

La'Tonya Richardson June 16, 2010 at 2:39 PM  

My girls and I are taking tennis lessons! And soon, I'm going to whop their butts!

My kids are very athletic, they play basketball, and softball, run track,and have played soccer. And my son, just add football to it.

Me on the other hand, I was only a cheerleader, and played a little softball. Tennis, we're all learning at the same time, and I really want to be able to beat them!

Post a Comment

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions, products, event tickets, travel and other forms of compensation. The owner of this blog may be compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog may receive compensation for a post or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content that might present a conflict of interest.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP