Disney Magic

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Wifey Travels

The past few months I’ve been traveling a bit more than usual. I like exploring new places and visiting ones that I already know and love. While I enjoy traveling with my family, most of my recent adventures have been without them. I’m fortunate to have my parents, my mother-in-law, my sister and most importantly Husband to take care of Wifey’s House while I’m gone.

Most recently the good folks at Walt Disney World invited me to spend some time with them to meet Princess Tiana, the star of the new Princess and the Frog movie and the first African-American Disney princess, during her debut at Magic Kingdom; and to explore some of the attractions and resorts on the property. I spent three magical days at Disney and will share several highlights with you over the next couple of weeks. What I didn’t realize was that Disney magic was taking place at my house, too.

Normally when I’m gone I’m happy to come back to the house still standing and everyone accounted for – and still in it. Seriously, I never worry while I’m gone – Husband is an excellent father – but let’s just say that I don’t always know what condition Wifey’s House might be in when I return. This trip, Tinker Bell must’ve come and spread some of her pixie dust on Husband because he knocked out his “honey-do" list and more. Not only was Wifey’s House clean, it was organized. While I was playing in the park, Husband, with a little help from my father, spent his vacation from work cleaning-out the garage, the junk-drawers in the kitchen, fixing the running toilet, putting a new fan in the bathroom, fixing the broken light fixtures in the house, putting together the new chair I won from Office Max and even cleaning the burnt smudge off the top of the stove. All this while taking care of my little pumpkins. Oh, he took them to get their real Halloween pumpkins, too.

What can I say, but the man is awesome.


My clean stove - trust me, you don't want to see the before pics.


My new bathroom fan.


My lovely new chair - thanks Office Max!


The princess at Cinderella's Castle.


OK, the REAL Princess Tiana making her Magic Kingdom debut.


My prince charming on vacation in September (he doesn't always stay home!)

I appreciate my wonderful Husband for renovating Wifey’s House while I was gone; my new family at Disney; and of course, the power of Disney magic.

How about you? What does your house look like when you come back from a trip? Do you have any secrets – or pixie dust – to share to get husbands to handle their “honey-do” lists? Moms on the go want to know …

Winks & Smiles,
post signature






Wifey's Weekly Q and A will return next week. If you have a question for Wifey, e-mail it to questions@askwifey.com.

8 comments:

Krystal Grant October 28, 2009 at 9:43 AM  

Oh to have a stove that looks THAT spotless....pat on the back to hubby for holdin' it down at the house. Can't wait to see Princess Tiana in The Princess and the Frog.

Jen @ After The Alter October 28, 2009 at 9:54 AM  

My house is always a disaster if I go away with out my husband...and we don't have kids!! Sometimes he thinks he does a good job (which is cute) but I'm like SERIOUSLY?? lol oh well he is who he is right?
PS..I LOVE Disney!!! Great pictures!

MsTypo October 28, 2009 at 10:07 AM  

I'm so jealous that you got to go to Disney. I've never even been there!

My problem is when my husband returns from trips. I always clean the place within an inch of its bricks when he goes away. Literally within ten minutes of his return he messes the place up. Drives me batty.

Eyeglasses & Endzones October 28, 2009 at 10:59 AM  

Oh, that is soo great! I wish I was traveling more! I love the pic of you and your hubs!!! So cute!

Devri October 28, 2009 at 1:50 PM  

Your photo together is too cute! Love that he did that for you.. AWE--true love..:D

Tara @ The Young Mommy Life October 28, 2009 at 3:13 PM  

That is true love! I love that! My hubby didn't clean up while I was gone, but that's fine. He kept my kids in tip-top shape like an excellent daddy would! (Although I'm mad jealous about that stove - mine is in need of serious intervention...)

Shanny October 28, 2009 at 8:16 PM  

So jealous about Disney, I've never gone =(
Big kudos to your hubby for all his work, mine would definitely not have done anything. at all.

hicksgirl93 October 28, 2009 at 9:55 PM  

That was so sweet of the hubby! My hubby is not the best at keeping things organized while i'm gone, but he is good at cleaning the kitchen for me. Feels good doesnt it?

Post a Comment

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions, products, event tickets, travel and other forms of compensation. The owner of this blog may be compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog may receive compensation for a post or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content that might present a conflict of interest.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP